This is a great opportunity for a BIM Manager to join our successful, expanding design team in Manchester.
We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual who will join our Civil and Structural team, working on a range of projects.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that WYG standards are always adhered to, following the correct processes and procedures, and that WYG workflows are aligned with the latest industry/BIM Standards, unless superseded by those of the client.
- Ensure that data exchange protocols are adhered to by the project team and liaise with design team managers on compliance issues.
- Carry out model validation and verification checks, compliance reviews and liaise with third party model managers for resolutions when necessary.
- Implement the project specific standards set by the Employer Information Requirements and the BIM Execution Plan.
- Assist in the production of mapping files to ensure information/data consistency with third parties.
- Create and maintain a compliance plan and ensure the project team adhere to the frequency and scope of checks, offering guidance where necessary and reporting risks.
- Maintenance of the project Master Information Delivery Plan.
- Create Solibri rule sets for project specific requirements at asset, space, building and site level ensuring adherence to these client requirements via accepted quality checks and procedures.
Skills and experience:
Experienced Revit Technician or BIM related degree, or equivalent
An understanding of BIM Level 2 requirements, having delivered BIM level 2 projects across all design stages
Good knowledge of the latest Industry / BIM standards
Able to manage BIM project data and verification workflows
Creation of implementation of BEPs / MIDPs / MPDTs / Compliance Plans
Clash detection, technical authoring and data verification
Full understanding of the Uniclass 2015 / Cobie / IFC / NRM
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.