Your role is to provide the necessary high level administrative support to the smooth running of an operational delegation in the field, using your expertise in the areas of organization and information management and your command of computer tools as well as your ability to share your knowledge.
In this team support function, you will be:
- Responsible for information management in the delegation and sub-sites. Propose suitable measures for the flow and sharing of information and documents, making use of the tools available. Manage and monitor collaborative spaces and databases – including access- and insure that general information is updated in the reference tools.
- Reference person for ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving and how to use standard computer technology. Ensure that all users understand the need for and apply ICRC related policies and procedures. Train and support users on above mentioned topics.
Moreover, you will
- Support the management team of the delegation, ensuring a coordinated and consistent work flow. You will be responsible for the general secretarial work of the management and will, amongst others tasks : share with concerned and manage paper/electronic mail, autonomously send answers or draft responses according to the institutional protocol, ensure filling, manage with precision the agendas, organise and prepare meetings, take minutes of meeting.
- Have to train, supervise and support a small team.
- Ideal age : 25 to 35 years old
- Prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) during the first 24 months of collaboration
- Excellent command of French and English (excellent spelling and ability to write in both languages)
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent qualification. Recognized training in assistantship, an asset
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar function and in a conflict zone area
- Very good computer skills (pack office 2013 and Lotus Notes)
- Driving license (license for automatic cars not sufficient)
- Solid humanitarian motivation
- Open mindedness and capacity to adapt
- Sense of responsibilities and organisation
- Interest for information management
- Ability to work within a team and under pressure in difficult security contexts
- Coordination and organization skills
- Strong communication and pedagogical skills
- Analytical skills and ability to produce synthetic documents or instructions
- Service and solution oriented attitude
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in an humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Positions in different operational contexts
Please note that owing to the ICRC’s working procedures and principles, in particular the principle of neutrality, we cannot assign personnel to a country of which they are a national.