Basic Education Specialist, Final Evaluation of USAID/Indonesia’s
Prioritizing Reform, Innovation, Opportunities for Reaching
Indonesia’s Teachers, Administrators, and Students
(PRIORITAS) Program, Indonesia
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) is designed to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission Performance Monitoring, Evaluation and Project Planning and Design systems through a combination of targeted direct M&E implementation, expert technical assistance, formal training, and knowledge sharing and M&E collaboration support. Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct a final performance evaluation of USAID’s Prioritizing Reform, Innovation, Opportunities for Reaching Indonesia’s Teachers, Administrators, and Students (PRIORITAS) Program. The evaluation is expected to begin in March 2017. It will last about 8-10 weeks.
**Please note: Only Indonesian citizens are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking a basic education specialist to serve on the evaluation team, working under the leadership of the Evaluation Team Leader and MSI. The purpose of the evaluation is to gather lessons learned to inform future USAID and Government of Indonesia efforts to strengthen basic education in Indonesia.
- Participate in the initial Team Planning Meeting in Jakarta.
- Support qualitative data collection, which may include desk review, key informant interviews, or focus group discussions in Jakarta and multiple provinces.
- Provide the evaluation team with insight into the functioning of Indonesian basic education institutions, including teacher pre- and in-service training.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data that has been collected.
- Contribute to coordinating a Findings/ Conclusions/ Recommendations Workshop in Jakarta as well as a final workshop with Government of Indonesia officials.
- Contribute to the development of the evaluation deliverables, including the methodology and workplan, evaluation reports (draft and final), and debriefing.
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Evaluation Team Leader or MSI.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in the field of basic education in Indonesia. Full understanding of the basic education system in Indonesia required.
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Prior experience serving on evaluation teams preferred.
- Experience with USAID-funded activities, including evaluations, preferred.
- Basic social science research skills including experience conducting semi-structured interviews preferred.
- Experience reviewing and making sense of a large volume of interview data preferred.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa required, both writing and speaking.