- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities and timely delivery of deliverables to client.
- In conjunction with USAID/Bangladesh and DAI’s home office determine annual priorities develop work plans, prepare annual reports and quarterly progress reports, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments.
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations.
- Manage project consortium, including ensuring effective communication with all project partners, proactively identifying and resolving partnership issues and ensuring cohesion throughout project implementation.
- Lead team to provide proper coordination and guidance among local government, country-wide initiatives, community partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical area
- Minimum of 7 years in a director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in Asia, regional experience in Bangladesh preferred.
- Proven leadership experience, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
- Minimum 10 years’ project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: ecosystems-based conservation, hydrology/water resources, natural resources management, public policy and governance, conservation finance, sustainable livelihoods, or other relevant technical areas.
- Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Bangladesh desired.
- Excellent communication skills in English.