Title: Awards & Grants Coordinator
Location: Yemen (Sana’a or Aden)
Reporting to: Grants Manager
Direct reports: N/A
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
About our Country Program/ Regional Programs .
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries – Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
RI is seeking for a motivated person to support across RI-Yemen humanitarian program portfolio. The Awards & Grants Coordinator is fully responsible to ensure that all information and data from the field is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes for RI Yemen. This includes, but is not limited to, heavy support finalizing grants, communication, and information management, as well as assisting programs team in other tasks.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support in proposal development, realignment and modification processes, and lead sign-off process of new grants and modifications (Grant Verification and Grant Modification processes) as per RI procedures, and ensure all contractual documents are archived and sent to AMU to facilitate review and signature as per authority matrix.
- Support the Grants Manager to organize and facilitate grant opening and closing meetings with the participation of the program and support departments to ensure compliance, review progress towards programmatic and financial targets, collective problem solving and ensure red flags are discussed and mitigated;
- Participate in Grants Review Meetings, in coordination or on behalf of the Grants Manager, to relay information relating to contractual requirements, reporting and grant management aspects.
- Participate in all Award Compliance Call and act as a relay of Compliance items for follow-up and guidance to RI Yemen teams.
- Support the Grants Manager and Deputy Country Director for Programs in donor relations and engagement with other relevant stakeholders, as necessary.
- Support RI staff internal capacity building as required on grants management, reporting and communication aspects.
- Ensure update and circulation, as needed, of the Country Award Matrix and ensure all relevant information are captured and accurate.
- Contribute to maintain comprehensive awards and grants electronic documentation filing system on Box, in collaboration with other departments, including documentation pertaining to institutional knowledge and program activities, and support filing system adjustment and access to relevant colleagues are in place.
- Support the Grant Manager and relevant Program Lead in opportunity appraisal process including developing high-quality Go-no-Go document
- With the support of the Grants Manager, coordinate the development of quality proposals with relevant teams, including acting as lead writer when necessary.
- Liaise with RSO, GSO units (Program Development Unit, Awards Management Unit, Technical Units) to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply RI’s program management framework.
- Support program staff in assessing funding opportunities to fit with RI Yemen’s strategic objectives and the local context, advising on these as required.
- Work with technical advisors, area managers and other program and support staff to coordinate the timely development of high-quality new funding proposals.
- With input from the program and support teams, actively support the production of high-quality program progress reports as per donors and RI requirements.
- Lead the preparation, quality assurance, compliance, and submission of recurrent in-country donor reports.
- Act as reporting focal point for organizing timely reviews and approvals of narrative/progress reports and related reporting deliverables with relevant country and regional teams as needed.
- Ensure reporting preparation and provide hands-on support in anticipation of major reports, including template development and adjustment when relevant in coordination with the Grants Manager and Regional Support Office, RSO.
- Support the Grant Manager in the critical review of project progress and implementation, ensuring tracking against proposal targets/donor commitments through reporting preparation and reviews, participation in grant review meetings.
- Ensure update and circulation of trackers and planning tools framing consolidation and submission timelines.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility, and knowledge management within RI Yemen and to an external audience.
- Develop, implement, and monitor communication deliverables as per donor requirements or organizational needs, including success stories and quarterly country snapshot, in coordination with the Grants Manager, key RI Yemen, RSO and GSO team members.
- Support advocacy and communication efforts and processes across all humanitarian programming at RI Yemen level and in liaison with RSO and GSO as needed.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Equity and Diversity commitment
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of systemic diversity and cultural differences.
- Ensure that gender equity is addressed in our staffing and programming
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in International Development, communications, journalism, social sciences, or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in reporting, program support and grants management related experience in emergency humanitarian organizations, including field experience.
- Excellent writing skills in English at a native-speaker level and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports and proposals under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of major institutional donors such as ECHO, US Government donors (e.g. BHA, USAID), DFID, familiarity with UN agencies funding mechanisms and contractual modalities a plus.
- Extensive working experience in reporting required, communication and advocacy would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem-solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Work experience in the Middle East would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and manage time efficiently.
- Experience in emergency response and conflict/IDP setting desired.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply.
Closing date. Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Please apply by uploading your cover letter and up-to-date CV on our website.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International is committed to diversity and gender equality, we strongly encourage applicants from the global south and female candidates to apply.