The Global Assurance (“Assurance”) function, in accordance with their approved charter, supports the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and the management of ChildFund by independently and objectively evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, control and oversight systems.
The Auditor, Global Assurance (“GAA”) is responsible for the independent assurance function for one or more Country Offices (“COs”) that he or she is assigned, depending on the size of the CO operation and considering its location, language, and other appropriate criteria. For assigned COs, the GAA will deliver and coordinate high quality LP audits, support CO reviews, investigations and other work assigned to them and act as the Assurance liaison to the CO. The CAA will properly support and clearly communicate results to the Senior and the Manager, Global Assurance (“Manager”) on time and within budget.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Coordinate the LP audit schedule with external auditors for the assigned COs and monitor the quality of their audits. Ensure that results of all LP audits are input into the department’s quality management system (“HQMS”), in accordance with established timelines. Attend LP audit exit meetings whenever possible.
- Plan, conduct and report the results of assigned reviews of higher risk LPs.
- Coordinate efforts between COs and LPs to verify and close corrective actions from LP audits by the agreed upon date. Report overdue corrective actions to Senior and/or Manager.
- Oversee the CO annual financial statement audit, if required by law.
- Participate in CO reviews to evaluate and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and internal control systems. Advise management of any opportunities noted during the review to increase the effectiveness and efficiency with which resources are employed.
- Provide practical recommendations, facilitate the development of management action plans and assess if they are appropriate and reasonable.
- Document work to reflect audit program steps performed, type of testing and conclusions drawn. Exceptions must be flawlessly supported.
- Present findings from CO reviews and LP audits orally at audit exit conferences and in written reports.
- Work with CO staff and management to test and close corrective actions from CO reviews in accordance with the timeframes originally given by CO management. Report overdue corrective actions to Senior.
- Conduct investigations in COs and LPs as assigned and overseen by Manager. Investigations may include review of various documents and interviews of personnel at the CO, LPs and communities as necessary. Report results of investigations both orally and in writing.
- Conduct audits of significant projects and grants of the COs, as assigned by Senior and overseen by Manager. Present findings orally and in writing. Work with CO management to address concerns.
- Partner with his or her CO, attending Senior Management Team (“SMT”) meetings as requested by the CO in an advisory capacity on behalf of Assurance.
- Be proficient in using HQMS and NAVEX and in running needed reports from Salesforce and eFinancials.
- Know and understand organization policies, procedures, and structures. Provide guidance on assigned COs policy and procedures.
- Facilitate training to COs on ERM tools and techniques and to LPs and COs on relevant compliance topics.
- Must be fluent in French and English
- At least five years of experience in external or internal audits of INGOs. Prior experience with grant audits preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. and skilled in at least one language from the assigned COs.
- Technical expertise in evaluating systems and processes, identifying weaknesses and recommending areas for improvement.
- Skilled in conducting investigations, including interviewing employees of ChildFund and their LPs, as well as members of the communities as appropriate.
- Ability to independently define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and present findings in concise oral and written reports in English.
- Highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiating and relationship building. A demonstrable ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and confidence and to acknowledge the auditees concerns.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (40%) within developing countries, to include visits to remote project locations.
- Strong cultural awareness and the ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated ethics, integrity and independence.
- Medium level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Achievement of one or more of the following professional certifications and licenses, at a local level, is a plus: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Information Systems Auditor.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.