1. Own and manage any globally administered audits/verifications for GOAL. Audits to be completed in a timely manner, with any disallowed costs minimized.
2.Support country programmes on their donor audits
3. Provide a suite of trainings on managing audits, and collate lessons learned.
4.Provide support to cross cutting processes to ensure lessons learned are embedded across the organisation
5.There will potentially be line management responsibility for an assistant who will support on the globally administered audits as instructed by the Finance Director
Qualifications and Attributes
- Part or Qualified accountant. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent;
- At least five years INGO experience.
- At least 2 years at management level;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, management and training skills.
- Experience in managing audits, auditor engagement and donor engagement.
- Computer literacy, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong systems and controls experience.
- Experience in dealing with institutional donors such as USAID, ECHO FCDO and UN Agencies.
- Knowledge of SAGE200 accounting package preferred.
- Ability to see bigger picture and willingness to perform all relevant financial tasks as necessary.
- Experience of change management processes.
- Experience of managing and supporting teams remotely