With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Audio Visual (AV) Specialist will report directly to the Audio Visual / Video Conference Manager, and is vital to the success of everyday technology at EDF. This role is based in the New York office, and is responsible for technical support for equipment and internal meetings in the NY, regional and international offices. In addition to conference equipment and meeting support, they will support the AV Manager with high profile events, including three Board Meetings, all staff calls, approved departmental events, as well as our annual retreat. It is important that they are familiar with our buildings, its equipment, policies, programs, and services and the day-to-day schedule of events.
- Provide day to day support for Bluejeans, Zoom, and Teams calls for the organization.
- Set up/remove room setups and change room arrangements, including tables, chairs and stages in accordance with the schedule of events at EDF Park Ave.
- Ensure setup and put away of A/V equipment is completed for all events. Make sure A/V closets are kept in order.
- Respond to requests from the Audio-Visual Manager, Office Manager, and Help Desk Director.
- Inspect rooms for damage, cleanliness, and document issues to be addressed. Give documentation to supervisor.
- Setup A/V equipment for meetings and various functions in the building.
- Troubleshooting A/V equipment when there are technical questions or problems related to A/V equipment and identifying appropriate solutions.
- Serve as on-sight A/V support for events that take place at EDF Park Ave and various external events.
- Provide basic instruction on the operation of A/V equipment to employees as necessary.
- Clean and maintain equipment, report damages to the Audio-Visual Manager.
- Assist in weekly inventory of A/V equipment.
- Assist with room setups and teardowns, as necessary.
- Attend A/V staff meetings and training sessions.
- Support multiple events throughout the year, including Board Meetings, and all staff events
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- High school diploma, plus technical courses or equivalent experience or B.S. Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Thorough and precise understanding of video conferencing, and current platforms
- Comfortable troubleshooting hardware and installations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and can adhere to deadlines
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.