Responsible for coordination of activities required to meet organizational quality standards, procedural policy requirements, statutory obligations and internal control requirements.
- Responsible for implementation and monitoring the Enterprise Risk Management framework for the National Office; ensure capacity building on control systems and processes, provide advice in the design and improvement of control systems, perform review of management’s internal controls and evaluation of effectiveness of risk management strategies, conduct investigative reviews involving whistle blower policy, as required.
- Evaluation/determination that National Office staff are aware of and compliant with organizational policies, procedures and statutory regulations; ensure systems are developed for local compliance requirements; provide reviews/evaluations for identification of areas for continuous improvement; in collaboration with the Regional Assurance Officer to ensure communication and dissemination of assurance relations information.
- Review the operations of the NO and local partners, to ensure full compliance with the Letter of Agreement, Law, policies and procedures, donor agreements and best business practices and recommend improvements as required.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of capacity building for CBO staffs on financial, HR & program implementation, policies & procedures and standards.
- Responsible for coordination and review of the CBO, NO and grants audits; follow up and monitoring on issues arising from internal audits, external audits, NO reviews and ensuring that open issues are closed in audit records management system.
- Conduct and evaluate business processes, assess the effectiveness of the associated internal controls and identify areas for improvement.
- Review the reliability and integrity of the financial and operational information, and the systems and processes used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- Demonstrated experience in financial or accounting audit functions.
- Prior experience in an organization with UN/EU/USG Grants Standard Provisions and Financial Requirements preferable.
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and tight time constraints.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal communicative skills; experience in team leadership and participatory management.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language (French, Spanish or Portuguese) required.
- Required Experience
- 8 years’ experience
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required. Equivalent relevant work experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.