Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Grant Programme
- In conjunction with the Associate Director, Infrastructure, TC, prepare annual needs assessment, maintain pipeline and secure the related funding for IBG’s grant funded projects ensuring that this accurately reflects the Group’s business needs;
- Oversee the use of the funds secured, identify and resolve issues if needed;
- If required, represent the Group at related donor meetings ensuring that IBG’s needs for the relevant region/country are effectively articulated to the donor community;
- Support donor fund origination for the relevant country/region including preparing funding application to donors.
Implementation of the Programme
- Actively contribute to and manage the administrative preparation of TC assignments and the approval process for the pipeline in the selected region/country.
- Prepare internal project approval documentation for approval to the relevant EBRD committees; ensure that all grant related issues are followed-up so in order to secure final approval.
- Review TC related information in Group submissions for approval by Operation Leaders of investment projects;
- Ensure that results related to grant approvals in submissions reflect EBRD’s standard results framework
- Manage the portfolio of grant funded projects and highlight any issues/risks to the relevant lead banker/director responsible for the region/country
Oversee donor reporting and ensure reports prepared by Operation Leaders to Donors are of adequate quality prior to submission
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in working in or with International Financial Institution (IFI) or donor organisation, in a project management role or similar.
- Experience in working with Development Aid and knowledge of different delivery mechanisms related to grant funds in IFIs is highly advantageous
- Experience in the financial sector/banking would be an advantage
- Understanding of the infrastructure sector and knowledge of the EBRD region advantageous
- Degree from a leading university in the country of education
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office package, in particular Word and Excel.
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven written (report and summary writing, correspondence, presentations) and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of any other EBRD language will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.