Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Retirement Benefits Administrator provides technical and analytical support in the Unit, with particular focus on the pension areas including administration of pension plans and coordination of all aspects of various pension committee meetings. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
Implement pension secretariat, reforms and programs
- Support planning/logistics for the secretariat to the Pension Committee, Administration Committee and DC Plan Committee and all related meetings/materials
- Support in the processing and implementation of Staff Retirement Plan (SRP) and DC Plan Reforms and programs and related meetings/materials
- Administer pension/committee SharePoint sites and web-presence
- Pension Communications and Collaboration, Knowledge and Innovation
- Arrange and coordinate Information Sessions and Brown bags / Learning Events for all Staff, New Joiners, Spouses, Business Partners, Staff working on pension/SRP, Board, Committees.
Data and data visualization
- Coordinate, input, support, and visualize products such as the SRP Annual Report, and Plan Booklets.
- Collect, compile and analyze diverse information and data to produce required statistics/reports, as instructed.
- Liaise on data for funding and accounting valuations for the SRP and PRGMIP and Ortec Finance projections for SRP.
- Facilitate efficient data management of files and databases.
- Continuously support/liaise on enhancing SRP’s intranet presence.
- Serve as point of contact within the Unit and BPMSD, and with other Departments.
- Provide support in the cost analysis for consultancy requirements, budgets and plans as needed.
- Liaise with budget focal within BPMSD and budget counterparts outside the department on budget-related preparations.
- Coordinate procurement and consulting services recruitment which include review of procurement/consultant recruitment, support in the preparation of consultant recruitment-related documents, and coordination and communication with ADB departments/offices related to the procurement and recruitment.
- Manage (digital) filing and serve as the liaison for helpdesks and online systems,
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields. An advantage would be additional training in data visualization, HR analytics, and familiarity with broad pension and investment concepts and seminars.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience. Experience in administration of pension plans and committee secretariat will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, with ability to liaise effectively with all types of internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Familiarity with existing database management systems and data analysis tools such as Oracle ERP, Consultant Management System and other related database will be an advantage. Effective report writing and communication skills in English is required.
- Able to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality.
- Excellent organization, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively within the team and also be able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in other divisions and departments.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.