To support the functions of project management
Contributes to preparing the Project Administration Memorandum, Facility Administration Manual, and/or Program Implementation Document (PAM/FAM/PID) by consolidating data and information for appendixes, drafting project description and scope, project cost and financing plan, procurement plan, selection procedures and terms of reference for the consulting services, design and monitoring framework, loan covenants, and others.
Prepares initial inputs of information and data of loan, grant and Technical Assistance (TA) projects for eOperations, including project description and scope, design and monitoring framework, and initial baseline projections for contract awards and disbursements.
Undertakes activities connected with the initial operation and implementation of loan, grant and TA projects, including monitoring and following up of loan/grant signing, TA letter signing, loan/grant effectivity, drafting necessary documents and correspondence related to such activities.
Assists in advance actions (procurement and consulting services) to achieve timely project readiness.
Project Performance Monitoring
Updates information and performance of assigned loan, grant and TA projects into eOperations quarterly or as necessary, including project description and scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, and actions taken/proposed.
Participates in the departmental and divisional portfolio review meetings when needed.
Assists designated International Staff in applying project administration rules and procedures, such as the Loan/Grant Regulations, Project Administration Instructions, loan/grant/TA disbursement handbooks, and financial management handbook.
Assists designated International Staff in identifying and resolving project administration issues, and undertaking project changes as needed; and updating PAM/FAM/PID, including projections for contract awards and disbursements, and procurement plans.
Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with project/TA milestones, and loan/grant covenants; follows up outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EA), such as the submission of monthly and/or quarterly progress reports, safeguard compliance reports, and key performance indicators monitoring and evaluation reports, and inputs data on the status of such compliance in e-Operations.
Participates in various missions as required such as fact-finding, inception, review, mid-term review and project completion missions to assist in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, and familiarizing EAs with ADB’s policies and procedures, and assisting them where necessary in preparing various reports and disbursement applications.
Project Financial Management
Administers all activities necessary to process disbursement claims by reviewing withdrawal applications, following-up submission, preparing required correspondence and re-estimating project costs and ADB’s commitments and financing percentages.
Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects, and assists in monitoring and analyzing the actual contract awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and underlying causes, following-up with the EAs, and identifying needed actions to meet projections.
Assists in reviewing requests for changes and/or reallocation of loan, grant and TA proceeds, and in drafting requisite memos for approval.
Reconciles project accounts and monitors disbursement status, imprest accounts as well as creation and closing of accounts.
Monitors EAs’ submission of audited financial statements and/or project accounts, and assists in reviewing the submitted audit reports.
Familiarizes staff of EAs with the ADB’s loan/grant/TA disbursement guidelines and procedures.
Updates project data in ADB applications, such as Mainframe and e-operations, and prepare various reports on projects’ financial status as required by the Department and Management.
Procurement and Consultant Services
Contributes to the review of various procurement documents, for example, prequalification documents, bid evaluation reports, contract awards-related documents/reports such as Project Contract Summary Sheet or Project Contract Update Sheet, and assists in drafting various papers (for example, procurement papers for award of contracts), and correspondences as required.
Assists designated International Staff in recruiting and administering TA and staff consultants, including preparing shortlists, and request for proposals; evaluating candidates, providing inputs to OSP’s contract negotiations as necessary, and managing contracts including issuing contract variations.
Assists in reviewing EAs’ submissions for loan consultant recruitment.
Updates the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System and the Procurement Contract Monitoring System.
Assists in monitoring submission of and processing TA consultants’ billings for timely closure of TA accounts.
Assists in managing Division’s administrative budget
Monitors staff reporting rate in Time Management System, and follows up as needed
Guides operations assistants involved in TA administration and consultant recruitment
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor’s degree preferably relating to project financial management and administration
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies, project management, and procurement will be preferred
Technical knowledge and analytical skills
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ADB operational processes and procedures
Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare reports
Good analytical thinking and writing skills
Proficiency in ADB software packages, and word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and database applications
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within SAHS and throughout ADB
Able to work as a constructive team member
Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies
Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
Very good oral and written English communication skills
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive work environment.