IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This vacancy is a local staff position with local remuneration package. It is open only to nationals and residents of Uzbekistan.
Provides administrative, analytical, statistical, and other backup support to the functions of portfolio management and project administration in general. Provides assistance to Project Officers (PO) handling loan/grant /technical assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, procurement, and other general sector activities, covering all operations in URM. Performs and coordinates a full range of specific project and administrative requirements, including standard activities as may be directed by assigned supervisors.
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or senior National Staff):
Project Administration Memorandum (PAM)
- Contributes to the preparation or updating of PAM by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices, and preparing draft on various sections.
Project Performance Reports (eOps)
- Prepares and updates individual eOps records every month or as required for loans outlining all the required details for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed, and participating in the operations meetings when needed.
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects for the generation of various reports required by the resident mission and Management.
- Monitors and analyzes the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes, and follows up these matters with the Executing and Implementing Agencies (EAs and IAs).
- Participates in various missions as required such as tripartite portfolio review, country portfolio review, inception, review, mid-term mission and project completion report missions by providing independent support in:
- Collecting data on contract awards and disbursements,
- Reconciliation of project accounts,
- Compliance with loan covenants,
- Familiarizing EAs with ADB’s loan procedures
- Assisting them where necessary in the preparation of various reports and applications.
- Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with project and Technical Assistance (TA) covenants.
- Follows up on outstanding obligations of EAs such as the submission of financial statements, monthly and/or quarterly progress reports.
- Inputs data on the status of such compliance into the data base at the Uzbekistan Resident Mission (URM), in consultation with the concerned project officer.
- Monitors physical progress in projects/TA implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of EAs to expedite procurement/contract awards.
- Familiarizes EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensures their compliance with project covenants.
- Monitors progress in terms of outputs and deliverables, following up submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.
- Maintains related documents, records and files for URM based projects.
- Maintains computer-based information systems for project administration matters.
- Assists in processing disbursements for URM and HQ based projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications.
- Reviews withdrawal applications for compliance with project agreement.
- Prepares/reviews data input for procurement contract summary sheet (PCSS)/procurement contract update sheet (PCUS) to update the loan financial information system (LFIS)/grant financial information system (GFIS).
Procurement Processes/Office Administrative Function
- Assist PO and EA to expedite procurement and consulting recruitment process;
- Consult and support EA on procurement and consulting recruitment procedures;
- Assist PO to review bidding documents, request for proposals, evaluation reports, and draft negotiated contracts;
- Work closely with OSFMD, OGC and OAI to clear issues raised during procurement and consulting recruitment process;
- Prepare comments, ensure comments are incorporated, prepare and send to EAs no-objection letters;
- Input, upload, and circulate procurement documents and update milestones in the Procurement Review System.
- Facilitate missions from HQ including meeting arrangements, transportation arrangements, etc.
- Maintains liaison with government agencies to facilitate and follow up on requests for missions from HQ.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- At least 5 years relevant work experience; similar experience in an international development organizations an advantage
- Previous work experience in ADB will be an advantage
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps
- Able to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making
- Able to set priorities for self and junior team members
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English, and Russian languages. Fluency in Uzbek language will be an asset
- Proficient in spreadsheets, word-processing and other software used in ADB
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
People and leadership skills
Able to provide guidance to other Administrative Staff on assigned area of work
Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials in Uzbekistan and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
- We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment.