Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Sri Lanka.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Sri Lanka Resident Mission (SLRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD).
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst will provide administrative and analytical support to the functions of project administration in general. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff (IS) and senior National Staff (NS).
- Undertakes checks and preliminary investigation to substantiate the authenticity and accuracy of documentation concerning the procurement of goods, works, and services and assess compliance with relevant ADB policies and guidelines.
- Maintains database on project procurement, complaints received and actions taken. Ensures that they are properly recorded in the procurement evaluation reports.
- Assists in sound administration of the project contracts, monitoring the implementation programs and their progress, and identify and report the gaps to project officers and executing agencies/Implementing Agencies for necessary actions.
- Supports the project administration unit in undertaking tri-partite portfolio review meetings and sector review meetings, through updates to project briefing sheets and supporting the organizing of the events.
- Maintains project documents, records and files systematically and update project records quarterly.
- Creates and monitors procurement contract summary sheets in ADB’s mainframe system for awarded contracts.
- Closely coordinates with the Disbursement Unit and facilitates timely submission of withdrawal applications through proactive follow-up. As needed, reviews withdrawal applications for compliance with loan agreement.
- Assists in the preparation of Technical Assistance Completion Reports (TCRs) and Project Completion Reports (PCRs) including data and information, appendixes, as well as formatting of the reports.
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term mission and project completion report missions by providing independent support in:
o Prepares documents and files,
o Collecting data on contract awards and disbursements,
o Reconciliation of project accounts,
o Compliance with loan covenants,
o Familiarizing Executing Agencies with ADB’s loan procedures
o Assists in preparing mission documentations, including Aide Memoirs and back-to-office report.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline. Master’s degree is preferable.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, after obtaining bachelor’s degree.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to work collaboratively with teams.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials and with colleagues throughout ADB.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6-7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.