Function of the Position:
The Associate Product Manager / Product Manager position is a full-time position that will have direct responsibility of and oversight over all software products within SBG, including both internally used software and externally facing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). This will include responsibility for identifying and putting in place the right resources for successfully realizing SBG’s business strategy and growth needs as it relates to software. This role will serve as Product Manager / Product Owner for all of SBG’s software products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position would work closely with the Products & Data Team on software-related product development & improvement, data analysis and management, and other similar issues. This position would be expected to work and coordinate with other SBG functions in carrying out its duties and responsibilities.
- Establish organizational foundation for software development and management. This includes creating and implementing plans for supporting the full lifecycle of all SBG software products.
- Work with other members of the SBG Leadership Team to ensure the SBG product development process is functioning in line with the unit’s business objectives and is as efficient as possible.
- Define and implement a clear vision for the role of software at SBG, based on SBG’s business needs, product development action plans, and growth strategy; provide inputs to SBG’s strategy.
- Build and manage team of staff to assist with management of SBG software, right-sized to match the growth of the products. The makeup of the team can be determined based on needs identified by the successful candidate working with the Senior Manager, Analytics.
- Provide inputs to the commercial / pricing strategy of SBG’s software products
- Bridge the communication gap between non-technical domain experts and technical software development team
- Assess the feasibility and priority of new features and other software updates
- Manage processes around design, implementation and QA/QC of software solutions in order to meet SBG’s business initiatives, constraints and objectives.
- Work with DAI’s corporate IT department to align on IT strategy and data management, processes and procedures.
This is a hands-on role for someone who loves to get their hands-dirty while keeping their eye on the big picture.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Grade 9: 7 years relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR 5 years relevant experience and a Master’s degree.
Grade 10: 9 years relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR 7 years relevant experience and a Master’s degree.
- Experience defining and implementing development vision for software products.
- Excellent understanding of the technical and commercial requirements for developing and maintaining software, especially Software-as-a-Service
- Demonstrated success in driving complex projects through the full product development life cycle
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with non-software professionals to achieve software development objectives
- Experience as a product manager and/or product owner
- Has the drive and energy to take responsibility for all aspects of SBG’s software products, including project management, compliance issues, and product vision
- Experience with software on Cloud based platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google.
- Experience with SCRUM, Scaled Agile Framework and/or other Agile software development methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Familiar with the following software languages and platforms
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Python or PHP
- Django or similar MVC framework
- Postgres or similar SQL database
- Experience developing and delivering SaaS applications
- Experience with software marketing and pricing of SaaS
- Experience managing software on different tech stacks is a plus
- Experience successfully leading and managing a team of software developers in fast-paced business environments
Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
Supervisory Requirements: TBD as team develops.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans