Procurement & Operational Delivery Department (PODD) oversees the sourcing strategy, selection, and contract execution for goods, works, services, and consulting services for EBRD. PODD delivers on and ensures optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion of procurement processes.
PODD Banking team deals with the procurement and contracting of operational consulting opportunities contacted by the Bank. As such, the Associate, PODD Banking is responsible for the procurement and contracting of consultancy services for technical cooperation projects of EBRD’s Banking Departments. The role provides expertise and comprehensive procurement advice by championing best practice, ensuring fairness, transparency and well-structured contracting of consultants.
This role will be offered as a 23 month short term contract.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Reporting to Head of PODD Banking, the Associate, works independently and exercises his/her professional judgement, seeking advice of senior members of the Department where necessary. The Associate PODD Banking role works on the entire procurement lifecycle of consultancy assignments from their design to contract management and is responsible for:
- Providing specialised expertise and, working as part of a Project Team, devising procurement plans and conducting selection of consultants taking into account best practice and ensuring compliance that represent best practice respond to operational needs and comply with the Bank’s Policy, Directive and Procedures and donor requirements.
- Analysing and reviewing budgets, terms of references and other relevant project documents for consultancy procurement processes and providing actionable recommendations to ensure economy, efficiency, transparency and fairness in the consultant engagement process.
- Preparing recommendations on procurement projects and contract awards to the Head, PODD Banking, Directors and other key stakeholders;
- Directing commercial negotiations, drafting contracts and agreements, and resolving issues post contracting arising from project implementation
- Collating and reviewing market data, making recommendations in relation to specific procurement projects and keeping abreast of the consultancy market relevant to Bank’s operations.
- Contributing to the development of enhancements to Departmental processes and strategies in support of the growth and continuous improvement of the Department.
- Drafting operational guidelines, tools and training materials for user departments in relation to Bank policy, processes, procedures and systems advocating compliant solutions and best practice across the organization.
- Training other staff and new members, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of EBRD and/or other MDBs’ procurement policies, rules and procedures for the selection and engagement of consultants;
- Good knowledge of EBRD’s and/or other MDB’s lending operations and technical assistance programmes.
- Solid knowledge of and understanding of global consultancy market for technical assistance, its key players on both the demand (MDB’s, bilateral aid agencies, governments etc.) and supply side (consultancy associations etc.) and their issues and concerns.
- Solid experience and proven ability to independently design procurement strategies and implement selection process of consultants for technical assistance projects gained at an MDB, bilateral aid agency, UN organization or a similar development organization.
- Experience in reviewing consultancy procurement processes for compliance with the applicable policies and rules, in order to ensure economy, efficiency, transparency and fairness in the consultant engagement process as well as accountability for the use of Bank and TC donor funds.
- Experience in the collection and analysis of market data and procurement expenditure
- Experience in conducting commercial contract negotiations
- Good working knowledge of contract law, including basic English contract.
- Experience gained at a reputable consultancy firm delivering technical assistance projects to donor agencies and MDBs is a plus.
- Exposure to a wide range of complex procurement and contracting structures such as multi-year programmes and framework facilities is a plus.
- Excellent skills in organising, scheduling, planning and prioritizing a large volume of work with a high degree of initiative and judgement, reliability, resourcefulness and flexibility;
- Concern for Accuracy – proven numeric ability with the capacity to ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality in work delivered is essential;
- Results Orientation – ability to set priorities with a good sense of time management and the ability to re-organise workload when faced with changing priorities;
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels, both in written and verbal formats. Proven writing and drafting skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – able to understand, respect and respond appropriately using tact, patience and diplomacy to other people’s behaviour, concerns and motives. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with discretion;
- Team Player – committed to supporting the achievements of the organizational objectives and ability to build effective, cooperative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.