Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in Procurement Division 2 (PFP2) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management (PPFD). PFP2’s responsibilities in terms of consulting services include: (a) providing policy advice on consulting services to user departments; (b) advising on consulting services transactions during project design and implementation; (c) processing and approving consulting services transactions as specified in consulting services guidelines, and related operations manual (OM), project administration instructions (PAIs) and Staff Instructions (SIs); (d) preparing, issuing, and amending contracts for consulting services; (e) reviewing, revising, and advising on PAI and SI procedures and OM provisions on consulting, and preparing guidelines, manuals and handbooks on consultant recruitment; (f) maintaining the consultant management system and proposing its design enhancements to improve transactional efficiency; (g) actively participating in interagency engagement on consulting services and procurement issues; (h) actively participating in consulting services innovation and efficiency initiatives, including conducting selected studies; and (i) designing and delivering trainings on various aspects of consultancy procurement.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Procurement Analyst is expected to (i) input/update Technical Assistance (TA)/Grant consulting services contracts and contract variations in the Integrated Disbursement System (IDS) accurately and within PPFD service level standards; (ii) conduct firms’ financial proposal evaluation through the Consultant Management System (CMS); (iii) assist procurement specialists in contract negotiations by preparing the personnel schedule and contract cost estimates; (iv) process variations to individual and consulting firm contracts using available IT systems; (v) serve as alternate coordinator for all IDS-related issues, enhancements, data generation, etc.; (vi) propose enhancements to IT systems relevant to consulting services and participate in user acceptance tests ; (vii) conduct training sessions/learning clinics for user divisions on contract variation processing; and (viii) provide administrative support to the Consulting Services Unit’s operations. The incumbent will report to the Head of Consulting Services unit under PFP2, or other International Staff designated to Contract Administration unit (CAU).
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or Senior National Staff):
- Accurately inputs/updates contract information in IDS- covering new consulting contracts and contract variations, within CAU) service level standards.
- Validates accuracy, completeness and consistency of the documents received.
- Coordinates and works with the concerned PPFD staff on any clarification or required information; maintains and generates monthly log of encoded contracts and other accomplishments for service standards reporting.
- Acts as alternate IDS coordinator; reports and coordinates system issues to CAU team leader and/or IDS support teams for prompt and appropriate action.
- Organizes and maintains contract files and storage/archiving in PPFD file room/SharePoint site.
- Liaises with user units and CMS team on requirements to process an Enter Contract request; validates accuracy and completeness of submission; and inputs the contract data in CMS for activation.
Consulting Firm Recruitment
- Financial Evaluation: Reviews and evaluates financial proposals including review of proposal details in accordance with the guidelines in the RFP; validates financial proposals against technical proposals and perform adjustments, if necessary; (iii) ensures correctness of mathematical computations and checking of omissions; prepares debriefing notes; and submits results of overall ranking for approval.
- Contract Negotiations: Assists in contract negotiations by preparing the personnel schedule (Appendix B) and contract cost estimates (Appendix C) in accordance with ADB guidelines; coordinates with procurement assistant and PPFD chief negotiator on necessary adjustments as agreed with user units; finalizes appendixes B and C for incorporation into the consultant contract.
- Reviews and evaluates contract variation requests to ensure accuracy, completeness of documentation and compliance with requirements in ADB’s project administration instructions, procurement staff instructions and other applicable guidelines.
- Processes variations to individual and consulting firm contracts by preparing cost estimates in agreement with user units and in compliance with ADB’s procurement policies and procedures; finalizes variation orders for approval of CSU Specialist/Procurement Director; disseminates approved variations to consultants, Controller’s Department, and user units; and confirms variation in IDS (for TA contracts).
- Organizes and maintains processed contract variation files in PPFD file room/SharePoint site.
Productivity and streamlining initiatives
- Liaises with ITD regarding resolution of IDS issues (technical problems, errors, enhancements, fixes, user unit concerns, etc.) involving TA contracts; and obtains and consolidates contract data from IDS, as needed.
- Proposes improvements to IT systems used for consulting services transactions; and participates in user acceptance tests of new programs and enhancements.
- Provides learning clinics and one-on-one sessions to user units on contract variation processing.
- Assists in productivity initiatives of the CAU.
- Provides support in the delivery of all tasks to other staff in the CAU and performs other tasks as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan and as requested by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor and/or Head of Consulting Services unit.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, commerce, development finance, information technology, mathematics, procurement, statistics, or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in consulting services or project administration or similar areas
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research
- Ability to prioritize work and meet urgent deadlines
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making
- Ability to set priorities for self and junior team members
- Effective report writing and communication skills in English and good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with TAIS is an advantage
- Ability to provide guidance to other administrative staff on assigned area of work
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to liaise effectively with external stakeholders (namely, consultants) within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.