Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The position is assigned to the Business Development Team (BDT) under the Office of the Director General (OPSD) of Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). BDT is a strategic initiative of PSOD, to explore, identify, coordinate and process early-stage developmental initiatives that contribute to the long-term project pipeline of PSOD. The team focuses on the upstream work of creating long-term value and bankable projects across sectors and countries. BDT is responsible for the implementation of ADB Ventures, a new facility that will support and invest in startups offering impact technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Asia and the Pacific. PSOD provides investment capital to private sector entrepreneurs, corporates and project sponsors, as well as financial intermediaries, such as banks, throughout developing Asia and the Pacific. It catalyzes, structures, and funds investments in privately held and state-sponsored companies across a wide range of industry sectors. Its emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB’s organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth. To learn more about PSOD, watch the video on “Working with ADB on Private Sector Financing”.
The Associate Operations Coordinator provides statistical, analytical, and coordination support for ADB Ventures including database management, reporting, system requirements, and records management, and document preparation. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and/or National Staff.
Works independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or senior National Staff):
Statistical, Analytical, and Coordination Support Services
- Prepares draft project documents;
- Monitors, updates and maintains project processing schedules;
- Provides statistics and generates periodic/special reports as needed;
- Prepares presentations and documents, as required;
- Assists in generating regular and ad hoc reports;
- Prepares and updates briefing notes as required;
- Handles and implements database and records management; and
- Handles the administration of consultant engagements and contracts
System Requirements and Coordination
- Undertakes and/or contributes to the enhancement and implementation of systems and procedures, and administration of computer application systems to ensure that PSOD’s requirements are met.
- Coordinates and performs testing and implementation of new systems and required versions to existing system to facilitate PSOD’s processing, monitoring and reporting requirements. Liaises other ADB departments/offices regarding the development of systems and procedures and produces/revises systems under user manuals to facilitate implementation of system initiatives.
Ad hoc Assignments and New Initiatives
- As required, provide support related to ad hoc assignments and new initiatives.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related fields, preferably with advanced training;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with venture capital (VC) and support of early-stage technology businesses.;
- Excellent understanding of finance business principles and strong skills in client management;
- Strong analytical thinking, with ability to comprehend causal links, make pros-and-cons analysis, and analyze factors to reach a decision;
- Proven ability to undertake research and analysis on difficult tasks;
- Able to organize and present data and information in a logical manner that lends itself to easy written and/or oral presentation, including only the level of detail appropriate to the intended purpose, scope and user of the information;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work in a multicultural setting and strong team player;
- Excellent written including effective report writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6 – 7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.