Eurasia Group is seeking an experienced and versatile analyst for the firm’s Middle East and North Africa practice. The ideal candidate should have deep knowledge of the domestic politics of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt. The analyst should also have an understanding of political economy of key MENA markets, the intersection between government policy and the business environment, and fiscal policy dynamics.
In this role, you will analyze how political, security, economic, and geopolitical developments in the region affect the interests and operations of Eurasia Group’s global markets clients. You will have the ability to analyze specific economic sectors important to the region and pertinent structural reforms.
Our work environment is often fast-paced and very demanding. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual rigor, and strong discipline. You must have excellent written and oral presentation skills in English and be comfortable presenting before private sector clients. You will be supporting coordination of research projects and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products.
You will have professional experience that reflects strong skills as an analyst. Candidates with significant in-country experience are preferred, and a relevant advanced degree is required. Professional/research fluency in Arabic is required.
Applicants will be considered for the firm’s London office, and all applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
• An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
• The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
• Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York, DC, Singapore, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and London.
• PTO bank of 25 days, 8 paid bank holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
• A strong belief in work-life balance.
• Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
• Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
• Business casual dress code.
• Employee referral program that begins at $1000.