Department: Administration & Facilities
Reports to: Senior Manager, Facilities
Date: November 22, 2016
Function of the Position:
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager, Facilities with a wide variety of facilities functions including building operations and telecommunications, office safety/security, internal facilities administration and systems, shipping and receiving, records retention, and special projects.
Building Operations and Telecommunications
- Coordinate with outside contractors for service and equipment repairs. Manage service and performance of vendors and landlords for timely completion of jobs, maintaining ongoing communication with contractors, client, and team.
- Respond to all facility inquiries and complaints, verify problem(s), and take the necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding all operational aspects of building systems including phones, voicemail, electrical, HVAC, air handling units, roof top units, plumbing, and security devices. Follow protocol for effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedures.
- Perform daily walk through of building, checking all common areas including, but not limited to, stairwells, restrooms, supply rooms, kitchens and conference rooms. Report on any issues, make repairs when necessary, and provide status updates to Facilities Team. Using sound judgement escalate more serious issues to Senior Manager.
- Use existing automated help desk system to manage and respond to employee requests, inquiries and complaints regarding their physical workspace and general facility services in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Coordinate internal space allocation and resulting moves.
- Manage the telecomm program including: telephone policy, phone bill reconciliation, and external contractor oversight. Coordinate and manage routine telecomm services, such as phone replacement, moves and changes, voice mail set up/terminations with IT.
- Coordinate housekeeping and routine operational maintenance with the property building manager in accordance with the lease agreement.
- Design, update, and train staff on facilities evacuation plans.
- Manage, maintain, and ensure compliance with office safety checklists to include, but not limited to: ensuring that aisles, doorways, and corners are free of obstruction, work areas and walkways are adequate, and office furniture and equipment are in good condition.
- Assist with the security card badge system for corporate staff assuring cards are properly issued, retrieved and accounted for in an efficient manner.
- Serve as liaison with local/federal law enforcement and fire/EMS rescue officials, when needed, regarding safely and security matters.
Internal Facilities Administration and Systems
- Provide training and direction to new associates on Facilities systems and processes.
- Update weekly a master floor layout of all work meeting space and space assignments.
- Oversee the assignment of requests, inquiries, and complaints from employees regarding their physical workspace and handling of general facility services using an automated help desk system to ensure managed, timely, and satisfactory completion.
- Review, verify, and process vendor/contractor payments in a timely manner. Ensure invoices are filed appropriately for future reference.
Shipping and Receiving
- Provide guidance to the Office Services Coordinator on DAI-Bethesda’s shipping, receiving and mail system including all procedures and processes to maintain a network of secure services for efficient and effective receipt and transfer of documents and equipment.
- Assist Senior Manager of Facilities with DAI-Bethesda’s record retention program including coordination with the external records retention vendor and internal clients, and ensuring efficient and effective storage and retrieval of all DAI records kept in long-term, off-site storage.
- Provide back-up support to the Senior Manager, Facilities on various projects.
- Understand scope of work required and timelines of projects, assisting with organizing next steps.
- Assist with managing change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Help coordinate meetings and contractors with regard to special projects.
Additional responsibilities may be required as business needs change
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in facilities support preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs and base building systems.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and reflect a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines.
- Able to bend, twist and lift 25 lbs.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This role requires the incumbent to be “on call”.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans