Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: Associate will provide support to the Leadership Gifts team for various upcoming projects surrounding the IRC’s annual gala.
The IRC hosts an annual gala at the beginning of November which serves as the major fundraising event for the year. Attendees include high level individuals from all sectors, including private, public and NGO. Preparations for this evening begin months in advance and require collaboration across multiple teams within Global Partnerships and Philanthropy. The Leadership Gifts team is seeking two administrative support positions for crucial administrative tasks that ensure the success of the event. This opportunity provides excellent insight into how data and client relationship management services provide the foundation for successful event planning. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in SalesForce, is extremely detail oriented and has effective communication skills.
- Maintains and updates our donor database on SalesForce by adding activities and information relating to donor relationships.
- Prepares source data for SalesForce entry by compiling and sorting information and establishing entry priorities.
- Supports the Leadership Gifts team to manage the additional workload associated with our annual gala. This includes but is not limited to printing and scanning documents, managing and saving files, hand addressing communications and assisting with the overall management of RSVP lists.
- Other administrative duties as required.
Education: Bachelor degree is preferred.
Work Experience: Interest in non-profit fundraising, humanitarian aid and/or international development preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Sound Microsoft Office and computer skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent hand-writing;
- Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- SalesForce experience is preferred.
- Solid data entry skills.
Language Skills: English (fluent)
Reports to: Principal Events Coordinator
Working Environment: Standard office work environment