Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned to the Portfolio, Results and Quality Control Unit (SAOD-PR) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Knowledge Management Officer will provide analytical, operational and administrative support pertaining to but not limited to knowledge generation, sharing and management on SARD operations, implementation of the corporate Knowledge Management Action Plan (KMAP) and the Innovation Framework, as well as innovative ways of streamlining business processes, administrative support systems and procedures for the efficient management of the department; and enhancing internal communications and knowledge sharing including capacity building. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior national staff.
- Supports SARD’s departmental knowledge focals in developing and implementing the departmental knowledge management roadmap under the corporate Knowledge Management Action Plan (KMAP) and the Innovation Framework.
- Supports the department’s initiative to establish and maintain a network of knowledge focals representing SARD sector divisions and resident missions (RMs); support efforts to engage RM and sector division focals in knowledge product (KP) generation process, dissemination and outreach activities, tracking of KP use, and engaging in strategic conversations on KMAP implementation.
- Supports the department in knowledge product programming, tracking and reporting including SARD’s knowledge management database and portal; support RMs in dynamic knowledge programming and coordinate capacity development activities for SARD staff on knowledge management and new approaches to feature and market SARD’s knowledge work.
- Supports the department in sharing and fostering good knowledge management practices following ADB-wide guidance, including enhancing KP dissemination plans and quality assurance of KPs.
- Provides analytical and research inputs for issues related to knowledge, innovation and business process optimization, including briefing notes, reports and presentations.
- Supports initiatives to apply AI (artificial intelligence), machine learning and digitization, and geospatial information systems (GIS) in SARD operations and business processes; support SAOD in formulating the department’s approach to bank-wide business process reforms and help implement department-level reform initiatives for efficiency, better quality assurance and teamwork.
- Supports any other initiatives as requested by the SARD management.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finance, operations management or relevant fields, preferably with advanced training. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered;
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience international organizations;
- Strong analytical, coordination, organizational, and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required;
- Ability to quickly grasp ADB’s policies and procedures for knowledge management;
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 1-2
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.