IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC’s C3P department is focused on assisting governments to develop private sector participation (PSP) projects involving the management, financing and operation of infrastructure to private companies, through private-public partnerships (PPPs). C3P has been supporting PPPs in the Colombian road sector in recent years and is now in the process of signing an agreement with Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional (FDN) to support the development and implementation of PPPs in several sectors at national and subnational levels (the IFC-FDN Program). C3P is now seeking to recruit an Associate/ Investment Officer to join the team based in Bogota, Colombia, to identify business opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects
Associate/ Investment Officers (AIO/IO) are team members with strong financial skills who are in the process to manage teams or already managing teams. AIOs/IO orient junior analysis and are involved in project leading roles. The AIO/IO will report to the PPP’s Bogota Team Leader and to PPP’s LAC Manager.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
The AIO’s/IO work will involve leading the implementation of advisory mandates of a variety of types, including the preparation of reports, interactions with clients, financial modeling, drafting bidding Terms of Reference, and supervision of consultants. Main duties include:
Coordinating project teams alone or with support of a more senior team member (if required), ensuring quality execution, team work and good client service.
Lead technical, legal, regulatory, financial and commercial assessment of advisory transactions, as well as project structure design;
Directly develop financial models for PPP projects and oversee junior staff in the preparation of financial models;
Manage the drafting and negotiation of contractual and bidding documents such as concession agreements, shareholder agreements, etc.
Lead the marketing of the transaction to potential private sector investors;
Manage the execution of competitive, transparent tender processes, and the resultant finalization of contractual agreements between investors and client governments;
Coordinate closely with IFC staff from the environmental and social areas in relation to the projects;
Support in business development efforts, if required.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration;
• MBA or equivalent degree required;
• At least 3-5 years of experience in finance, with a proven track-record in structuring transactions and/or investments;
• Previous experience in infrastructure sector and financial modeling required;
• Strong financial and credit skills;
• Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively;
• Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
• Excellent verbal and written English and Spanish; fluency in other languages is a plus;
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• Ability to work efficiently with teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives;
Applications should include a cover letter. Cover letter/CV should make reference the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. This is local hire (paid in local currency). The appointee will be stationed in Bogota, Colombia.SCSelection Criteria