The Associate reports into Internal Communications and its prime focus is on effective and impactful internal communications – ensuring staff are informed and engaged in the day-to-day work and the EBRD’s mission.
The role is responsible for drafting, updating, monitoring and producing internal communications editorial and audio-visual materials for the intranet and is expected to have a good understanding of the latest digital communication trends and tools.
The Associate will write for and prepare ‘Your EBRD today’, the Bank’s daily update. They will also support the Internal Communications team to develop a range of content to support internal communications including content for the Corporate Leadership Group’s monthly newsletter and briefings.
This role will be offered as a 12 month short term contract.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Assist with the development and implementation of the Bank’s internal communications strategy.
• Produce and distribute a daily internal digital update for all staff.
• Produce content for the monthly briefings for the Corporate Leadership Group and staff briefings.
• Source, plan, compile and deliver internal communications, including features, short videos, emails, posters and events.
• Ensure that content for the intranet is topical, timely and in line with the internal communications strategy.
• Design, develop and deliver high quality change communications for targeted audiences.
• Propose, research, organise and undertake complex writing assignments on Bank investments, strategies, policies and events, keeping internal stakeholders informed.
• Identify themes, projects, activities and events which capture the Bank’s investment activities and successes and present them in a creative and convincing way through appropriate means.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• University degree or equivalent experience.
• Deep understanding of communication and engagement trends, emerging practices, digital communications, and an ability to promote innovative ideas and solutions in the area of change communications.
• Ability to develop communications in a range of media, including written, graphic, web, social media and face-to-face channels.
• The ability to write with clarity, conviction and sophistication.
• Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment with continuously changing priorities.
• Effective, persuasive and diplomatic communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills with creative flair and originality.
• Good project management skills.
• Keen interest in and knowledge of the EBRD countries of operations.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Enquiring and analytic mind with ability to assimilate unfamiliar facts quickly and effectively
• Ability to use various types of computer software, including Content Management Systems, such as Oracle.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.