OverviewAsian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance. ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.The Unit for Institutional Coordination (UIC) of the Budget, Personnel, and Management Systems Department (BPMSD) is responsible in (i) reviewing staffing, identifying skills requirements and allocation of positions to organizational units; (ii) leading the annual workforce analysis and preparation of departmental strategic staffing plan; (iii) reviewing organizational structure and the allocation of functions between and among organizations and recommending changes in organizational arrangements; and (iv) assessing administrative support systems, procedures and practices to further improve work efficiency and effectivenessTo view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.Job Purpose
The position is responsible for (i) providing analytical support to the conduct of the annual workforce analysis; (ii) providing staffing data requirements for the annual work program and budget framework and the annual budget report; (iii) evaluating and providing recommendations on position management requests; and (iv) contributing to organizational and business process reviews and special projects. The incumbent will report to the Designated International Staff.
- Provides support in the conduct of the annual workforce analysis. Updates templates and suggests improvements in methodology. Reviews and analyzes departmental data submissions and generates charts, tables and other presentation formats for data communication and presentation slides. Participates in departmental discussions on workforce analysis findings.
- Contributes and assists in the preparation of briefing papers, write-ups and presentation materials on UIC related programs and activities for BPMSD and Management.
- Coordinates and participates in departmental discussions on staffing requirements and optimization measures. Provides guidance and advice to department’s BPMSD focal points, as necessary.
- Provides staffing data requirements for annual work program and budget formulation activities and contributes to the analysis and consolidation of agreed staffing plans for departments. Supports the annual budget document preparation including drafting write-ups and providing staffing data.
- Evaluates position requests (i.e. redesignation, position upgrade/downgrade, transfer, etc) and provides initial recommendation on the requests. Elevates more complex issues for supervisor’s resolution.
- Reviews organizational realignments and resulting position-related movements and other organizational adjustments.
- Contributes to business process reviews and special projects and studies. Identifies areas for system or process improvements and initiates changes as needed.
- Reviews and proposes improvements to the position data management system; attends discussions and initiatives of data governance activities to ensure accurate data generation and improve efficiency of data management and generation procedure.
- Performs other tasks as and when assigned, and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, organizational development or related fields; preferably with advanced training on workforce analysis and/or human resource practice/management.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience and knowledge of operational and/or strategic staff planning
- Demonstrated experience in staffing and institutional coordination work
- Sound knowledge of human resource and administrative systems and procedures common to multilateral organizations.
- Working experience on workforce analysis and strategic staffing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and other productivity tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; good memo composition and editing skills
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 1-2
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.