Department: Delivery Asia – Governance
Reports to: Project Manager
Function of the Position:
This position in the Asia Project Delivery Team (PDT), works with field teams to provide operational support for a portfolio of projects and supports new business efforts, likely in our Governance portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports new business opportunities by participating in reconnaissance and contributing to proposal efforts.
- Assist the Project Manager with technical tasks as appropriate (SOW drafts, editing reports, etc.).
- Acts as a liaison to the field for day-to-day problem solving and support. Independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to the Manager and follows up until resolved. Coordinates the administrative activities of the project including start-up, recruitment, mobilizing and demobilizing staff, maintaining project files, requesting purchases for goods and services, ensuring submission of project deliverables and close-down. Perform administrative tasks for several projects including mobilization, demobilization, AP adjustments, vendor invoice review, Procure to Pay requisitions, and iExpense auditing.
- Initiates requests for approvals, coordinates submissions for contract and subcontract modifications and coordinates all other requests for contract office support. Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates. Identifies and synthesizes potential issues and present possible solutions to Contracts Administrator and project team. Serves as key liaison with Contracts. Monitors subcontractor budgets and liaises with subcontractors regarding administrative or operational issues as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring processing and review of project financial transactions and monthly project invoices. Processes invoices and audits iExpense Reports. Creates and/or maintains project budget tool and coordinates data entry from field and home office into project contract budget in advance of modifications. During realignments, identifies and trouble-shoots issues.
Geographic/Cross DAI Support
- As a Project Delivery Team member, provides support as needed to the Asia team and collaborates with colleagues. Provides short-term coverage for traveling Associates. Any other tasks as requested by management.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree.
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 1 year of relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel on assignments for DAI projects.
- Experience in international development preferred
- Experience with project management preferred
- Business development experience preferred
- Proficiency in a second language
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans