Function of the Position:
This position in the Project Delivery Team (PDT), works with field teams to provide operational support for a portfolio of projects and supports new business efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The percentages below are notional and may change depending on evolving business needs.
New Business (10%)
Supports new business opportunities by participating in pre-positioning and contributing to proposal efforts. This would represent on average 10% of Associate’s time depending on portfolio.
Assist the Project Manager with technical tasks as appropriate (SOW drafts, editing reports, etc.).
Project Coordination (40%)
Under the guidance of the PM and other senior staff, acts as a liaison to the field for day-to-day problem solving and support. Independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to the Manager and follows up until resolved. Coordinates the administrative activities of the project including start-up, recruitment, mobilizing and demobilizing staff, maintaining project files, requesting purchases for goods and services, ensuring submission of project deliverables and close-down. The Project Associate may at times assign specific tasks to a colleague or region Assistant, provide guidance, and review and approve his/her work as it relates to the project. Coordinates and manages the logistics for and participates in Quarterly Project Reviews (QPRs).
Contract Management (15%)
Initiates requests for approvals, coordinates submissions for contract and subcontract modifications and coordinates all other requests for contract office support. Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates. Identifies and synthesizes potential issues and present possible solutions to Contracts Administrator and project team. Serves as key liaison with Contracts. Monitors subcontractor budgets and liaises with subcontractors regarding administrative or operational issues as appropriate.
Financial Management (15%)
Responsible for ensuring processing and review of project financial transactions and monthly project invoices. Creates and/or maintains project budget tool and coordinates data entry from field and home office into project contract budget in advance of modifications. During budget realignments, identifies and trouble-shoots issues.
Geographic/Cross DAI Support (10%)
As a Project Delivery Team member, provides support as needed and collaborates with colleagues. Provides short-term coverage for traveling Associates. Any other tasks as requested by management team.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree.
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 1 year of relevant administrative or technical professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel for not less than two weeks at a time and to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global Security has deemed travel unsafe.
- Experience in international development preferred
- Some field experience desirable
- Business development experience preferred
- Recruitment experience a plus
- Proficiency in a South Asian, Southeast Asian or Central Asian language a plus
Supervisory Requirements : None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans