Department: Delivery, Global
Reports to: Associate Manager II, Regional Finance and Operations
Date: November 15, 2016
Function of the Position:
The Associate provides direct administrative and operational support to a portfolio of projects within the Project Delivery Team. Areas of responsibility include coordination of contractual, financial, and general project support tasks as summarized below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Percentages listed below are notional and my change based on business needs.
Financial Management (30%)
- Responsible for ensuring processing and review of project financial transactions and monthly project invoices.
- Creates and/or maintains project budget tool and coordinates data entry from field and home office into project contract budget in advance of modifications. During realignments, identifies and trouble-shoots issues.
- Assists home office and field team with quarterly corporate budget forecast review and approval process.
Implementation Quality and Client Satisfaction ( 30%)
- Acts as a liaison to the field for day-to-day problem solving and support. Independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to the Manager and follows up until resolved.
- Coordinates the administrative activities of the project including start-up, recruitment, mobilizing and demobilizing staff, maintaining project files, requesting purchases for goods and services, ensuring submission of project deliverables and close-down.
- Initiates requests for approvals and coordinates submissions of contracts for Independent Consulting Agreements, subcontract modifications and procurement actions such as purchase orders to DAI’s contracts department. Identifies and synthesizes potential issues and present possible solutions to Contracts Administrator and project team.
New Business (25%)
- Contributes to the Global Region’s targets for gross profit won in successful proposals.
- Works on at least two proposal teams as a proposal coordinator, pricer, member of recon, or research and writing as appropriate.
Collaborate and learning (15%)
- Provides support as needed and collaborates with colleagues by providing short-term coverage for traveling Associates.
- Assists the Project Manager with technical tasks as appropriate (SOW drafts, editing reports, etc.).
- Along with the Project Manager, connects field projects with the relevant technical sectors in Solutions, including facilitating participation of Solutions’ staff in QPRs and other opportunities for knowledge sharing.
- Participates in technical sector activities, including meetings, presentations (brown bags), and events.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on business needs.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working proficiency in Spanish, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to travel on assignments for DAI projects (minimum one short-term assignment per year).
Equivalent combination of education/training and experience will be considered.
- 1 year relevant professional experience with a Master’s degree.
- Experience in international development.
- Some field experience.
- Business development and/or recruitment experience.
- Additional desired competencies/skills: problem solving, ability to work independently, analytical skills, organizational skills, and effective interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans