Function of the Position:
The incumbent will work within the Business Process Management (BPM) unit to assist with coordination and implementation of business process improvement projects focused on ensuring compliance, while also improving effectiveness and efficiency, in support of DAI’s USG business goals. The Business Process Associate will ensure DAI’s policies and procedures are maintained and updated as needed, provide a number of quality assurance functions, and provide targeted support to other departments within the Bethesda office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities may include a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
Business Analysis (15%)
Supports BPM team to conduct periodic analysis of business data as directed by the Director, Business Process Transformation or designee. Provides input and assistance in the development of departmental priorities.
Project Management (50%)
Helps develop BPM project plans and helps facilitate working group sessions throughout all phases of the BPM process. Monitors, documents and presents process improvements. Meets with stakeholder groups to discuss cross-department initiatives and facilitates the discussion of potential solutions for areas of inefficiency, bottlenecks, or waste. Processes updates of DAI’s Operations Manual and Field Operations Manual as assigned. Works with the Delivery teams to ensure the content of the DAI Operations Manual and the Field Operations Manual are being consistently supported and trained.
Quality Assurance (10%)
Supports assigned quality control and assurance functions. Assists with reporting on and ensuring compliance on those functions identified by the Director, BPT. Supports BPMs maintenance of the company’s Schedule of Authorities. Supports Quality Assurance reviews for project startups and closedowns.
Corporate Initiatives (25%)
Participates in cross-group or corporate initiatives that aim at improving corporate competitiveness, service quality and cost savings. Supports knowledge management of corporate initiatives and best practices and works in conjunction with project management to facilitate training on best practice initiatives.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 0 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree
- Experience providing administrative or management support to international donor-funded projects.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in coordinating and documenting meetings, working groups, or large groups of people with varying opinions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in an environment that implements ISO, Lean type processes or similar
- Knowledge of or experience with USAID regulations, policies and procedures.
- Previous experience working for DAI or other development organizations.
- Previous experience in process improvement and quality assurance.
- Use of Sharepoint platform
- Experience with operations manuals, policies, or procedures.
- USAID Contractor experience.
- Proficiency in a second language
- DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans