Close relatives of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Human Resource Administrator (Systems) will provide technical, analytical and administrative support primarily in (i) maintaining and administering current HR systems; and (ii) developing HR systems to streamline business processes and improve the quality of service for clients. The incumbent will report to the designated International and senior National Staff.
Maintains on-premise and on-cloud modules and/or systems for human resource (HRMS), customer relations (HR4U), talent onboarding (TALEO-ACES), talent management (Oracle HCM – myCareer). Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- implement guidelines on systems access and utilization;
- update hierarchies (position or organization), position titles or assignment supervisors and/or approvers in the various systems;
- determine system configurations/set-up needed for different modules;
- conduct user acceptance review and testing
- develop application change requests for various system enhancements and fixes
- provide support to clients and HR administrators on system issues and bugs
- generate reports, collect statistics/information and prepare presentations on a regular and/or ad hoc basis;
- update/create knowledge articles in HR4U knowledge portal, monitor and find resolution of incidents in Oracle Right Now, and review the systems’ implementation and utilization, etc.;
- ensure proper documentation of guidelines, workflows, process maps, notifications, and other reference materials.
Assists in the evaluation of the adequacy of automated activities, automation of business processes and other HR activities, ensuring that systems and procedures, management and utilization of data and information are in accordance with the IT strategies and standards of ADB.
Provides support to the planning, designing and implementing of enhancements/upgrades/ workarounds to current systems and automated processes attached to them. Tests system prototypes and monitors their status and any issues encountered.
Collaborates and coordinates with business units/departments for projects involving HR systems.
Contributes to proper administration and management of system/data/analytics-related contracts or budgets and the completion of special projects/programs, as may be required.
Performs other duties that may be assigned to the incumbent
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer or systems related courses, engineering, or with a major in Management, Public or Business Administration, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge and experience in different systems, software and databases, preferably human resource applications and systems like Oracle Human Resource Management System, Taleo, Oracle RightNow and other Oracle HR services and reporting tools.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets to analyze and check large data/information from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform calculations.
- Effective report–writing and communication skills in English.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Able to work with individual from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Trustworthy with high standards of professional conduct
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for AS6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.