Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Human Resource Administrator will provide technical analytical, and coordination support for various initiatives and programs within BPCT. The position is located in the division’s Center of Excellence (CoE) for Talent and Performance covering performance management, assessments, talent reviews and mobility programs including rotation exercise and short-term assignments. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- Plans, prepares, organizes, and liaises on all coordination and organizational arrangements for Performance and Talent Management programs. Initiates, monitors compliance of schedules and requirements. Facilitates activities from start to completion with due consideration of the defined involvements, approaches, and budget.
- Supports work plan (WP) and annual and mid-year performance review (PR) exercises. Assists in finalizing the matrices on supervisor/rater arrangements and provides guidance to focal points, supervisors, and staff to support the WP/PR exercises. Prepares reports as required on the various stages of the WP/PR exercises.
- Provides additional/supplemental support in the implementation and/or conduct of rotation exercise, talent reviews, and short-term assignments (STA).
- Assists in policy development by undertaking research and preliminary analysis. Supports implementation in coordination with areas concerned.
- Ensures efficient client service by interacting with staff or external contacts to clarify policies and procedures, and determine if any concerns, issues, or requirements raised would need to be elevated for review and decision.
- Provides support in system administration, improvement and updates and coordinates with IT team. Identifies areas needing systems or procedural enhancements to ensure efficient services and execution of programs.
- Keeps abreast of changes to Human Resource (HR) policies and developments, and drafts updates on HR policies, program guidelines, handbooks, and intranet.
- Evaluates and proposes improvements to work methods and processes. Assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow-up actions.
- Produces analysis and reports required for the implementation and/or review of Talent Management programs.
- Performs administrative tasks and other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience. Working knowledge of HR policies and procedures around Performance and Talent Management will be an advantage.
- Experience in the administration of HR systems and familiarity with talent and/or performance management system.
- Proven ability to analyze a problem or situation and recommend solutions. Ability to set priorities and deliver within a set timeframe.
- Has initiative to propose improvements and changes to enhance existing processes and workflows.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location, with teams, and throughout ADB.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for AS6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.