IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Note: The recruitment type for this position will be Local if the job location is Singapore and for Washington DC will be considered as International.
IFC Treasury and Syndications VPU is the Vice Presidency that performs treasury functions for IFC. It serves two key roles for the Corporation. It oversees the financial health of the organization while seeking ways to stimulate growth in emerging markets. It also offers products and services to IFC’s client companies and institutions, working in close collaboration with IFC’s investment departments.
IFC Treasury has been a large and significant player in the international financial markets for almost 30 years and has achieved a global reputation as a prudent and innovative borrower, investor and risk manager. IFC Treasury is responsible for: (i) managing more than $40 billion in assets; (ii) leading the IFC’s financing program in international and domestic bond and derivatives markets; (iii) providing knowledge services related to treasury management and operations to IFC’s clients, particularly those in frontier markets; and (iv) performing the support functions necessary to achieving its mission (such as processing cash payments, measuring and managing risk, computing performance or carrying out quantitative analysis).
The Treasury Valuation and Analytics (Middle Office) Unit:
The TVA is a newly created unit to be housed in Treasury. The TVA will work with Treasury & Syndications, Treasury Risk, and IFC Controller’s to perform its functions. Notwithstanding its placement in Treasury, it will be structured and will function independently of the Treasury Market Operations (CTM), Quantitative Analysis (CTQ), Treasury Clients Solutions (CTC), Syndications Department (CSL), and the Coordination Unit (CU). The Treasury Middle Office will initially be composed of a team of 8 staff, conducting valuation, performance, data management and control functions for all IFC Treasury & Syndications activities.
IFC Treasury Valuation and Analytics is seeking a dynamic and motivated associate officer to provide Treasury Middle Office support. The candidate will provide daily and periodic performance reporting of performance calculation, attribution, and risk reporting for the Treasury Market Operations (CTM) and Treasury Risk (CRMTR), work on reports generation for Liquid Assets Management (LAM) portfolio. In addition, the associate officer will oversee and participate in managing selected data in relevant Treasury systems while coordinating with CTM, CTQ, CRMTR, and the IFC’s Controllers Department (CNT). The associate officer is also expected to provide support to the valuation functions of the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Financial Officer’s primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
• Run Performance, scripts and models and check and prepare data for reporting purposes;
• Validate and review monthly output for reporting;
• Report internal P&L and portfolio performance;
• Prepare consolidated risk reporting for compliance and trading purposes;
• Address inquiries and challenges from Treasury & Syndications’ market-facing departments, Risk, and the Controller’s Departments;
• Provide explanation on P&L and key risk indicators’ movements;
• Distribute reporting to various stakeholders such as LAM, Treasury Risk, the Controller’s Department, and relevant corporate units, according to requirement;
• Troubleshoot and resolve small and complex issues related to the performance function;
• Provide as needed support specific to the valuation function, including but not limited to the valuation and pricing calculation, Bond Price Verification, Leveling, valuation reconciliation;
• Be an escalation point for colleague performing market data functions;
• Prepare and maintain documentation of individual and group work;
• Implement productivity enhancing utilities and applications;
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting to clients;
• Keep abreast of the industry’s best practices and technologies used;
• Assist in additional projects as needed within TVA.
• MS or MBA Degree in a relevant discipline (Finance, Business, Engineering, or another quantitative discipline such as Math/Physics/Statistics/Actuarial studies with an equivalent combination of education and experience and 3-5 years relevant work experience in finance and investments such as portfolio management, market or credit Risk, or investment performance.
• Knowledge of fixed income mathematics, derivatives and information technology.
• Strong analytical skills.
• High degree of motivation to enhance productivity and efficiency using computer system.
• Careful attention to details and reliability of the output.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a diverse global team.
• Excellent communication skills to explain the logic behind the analysis.
• Commitment to the daily production of error-free reports.
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Summit (Misys) will be a strong advantage.
• Proficiency VBA, Python (or other programming language), Oracle (or other RDBMS), SQL, MS Access and Excel in order to maintain and improve existing reporting applications will be a big plus.
• Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability and experience in mentoring junior colleagues.
Key Competencies: – the preferred candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
• Communication: communicate to effectively share and exchange information. Able to listen actively, obtain necessary input, share ideas, speak persuasively, and convey information in a clear, objective, and concise manner.
• Collaboration within teams and across boundaries: Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders; Embrace diverse ideas and approaches and proactively share own perspective; Form effective relationships with internal and external counterparts; Adapt as circumstances require and manage impact of own behavior on others in context of WBG’s values and mission; Collaborate and work with others across and VPU to achieve the best results for all the unit’s stakeholders;
• Leadership and innovation: Identify areas for improvement, and recommend new solutions that drive results; Action ad-hoc requests from management and clients and delivers quality output within deadlines; Contribute new insights to situations and develop solutions to resolve business problems; Proactively improve business processes and enhance client solutions; Implement innovative solution working with others Integrate corporate perspective into work.
• Smart decision making: Seek and listen to input from others to inform own decision making; Provide own perspective on challenges and opportunities and willingly receives diverse perspectives; Contribute to decision making by providing relevant risk-analysis; Make decisions based on risk analysis in a timely manner within own area of responsibility, considering the interests and concerns of stakeholders; Illustrate solid expertise in appropriate decision making and escalation in day-to-day business.
• Client understanding and advising: Apply critical thinking to current approaches; Identify areas for improvement, and recommends new solutions that drive results; Operate in environments of ambiguity and changing needs and supports others to do the same; Action ad-hoc requests from management and clients and delivers quality output within deadlines; Provide support for product development and knowledge sharing of this development.
• Technical Knowledge: Leverage information technology systems and applications to improve productivity and efficiency.
|Closing date:||January 29, 2021|