Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Facilities Planning and Management Unit (OAFA-FM) within Facilities and Asset Management Division (OAFA). OAFA is under the Office of Administrative Services Department.
OAS manages the building, facilities and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAFA-FM manages the ADB Headquarter facilities including building operations and maintenance and building improvement projects. It is specifically responsible for: (i) planning, maintaining and implementing ADB’s office accommodation; building and grounds services; building systems operation, facilities and equipment maintenance; including support in setting up facilities or provision of similar services for ADB’s field offices; and (ii) planning and overseeing feasibility studies of special projects, appraising such projects and making recommendations on their economic, technical and financial viability; and preparing proposals for capital expenditure outlays for special projects including administration and monitoring disbursements for these special projects.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Facilities Planning and Management Officer plans, coordinates, implements and controls facilities services in janitorial and integrated pest management, landscaping, waste management, parking, and business continuity support. He/she manages contract outsourcing, budget and procurement planning, and supports the ISO Secretariat in energy, environment, occupational health and safety, and LEED green building practices.
The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
Janitorial, Integrated Pest, Landscape, and Waste Disposal Services
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees work programs of service providers by ensuring timely implementation according to work specifications, Service Level Agreement (SLA) and contract value. Ensures that building service requests are attended to promptly and within the scheduled time frame.
- Ensures service/supply contracts adhere to ADB’s Energy, Environment, Health and Safety Management System (E2HSMS), local legislations and laws as well as requirements under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program of ADB.
- Supports the Operations and Maintenance Group, the Alterations Group, and the Food Services Group in facilities projects and events.
- Regularly coordinates the outcome of the SLA for each service contract and brings to the attention of the International Staff any non-conformance to work specifications and standards. Enforces and relates the outputs of the Statistical Process Control (SPC) for each service contract to the corresponding SLA.
- Reviews service contracts monthly, and coordinates and oversees the preparation of the Performance Evaluation Reports to achieve cost efficient outputs.
Facility Reservation, Events Management Support and Parking Facilities
- Analyzes, plans, coordinates and controls the reservation of facilities and function rooms in compliance to implementation guidelines.
- Provides technical support to the Events Management Team and ensures parking facilities within the Headquarters (HQ) are readily available to staff, dependents, and dignitaries. . Oversees the proper use of the personal driver’s lounge.
E2HSMS Conservation Program, Occupational Health and Safety, Business Continuity Planning
- As Chairperson of the E2HSMS Solid Waste Reduction and Recovery Committee, plans, coordinates and implements objectives, targets and programs.
- Supports the ADB Safety Officer in implementing control measures at work sites to ensure occupational health and safety for staff, consultants, service providers and contractors.
- Implements and controls initiatives aligned with the HQ Business Continuity programs during crisis and emergency situations by ensuring the presence and availability of service providers. Ensures Safe Haven arrangements are put in place in close consultation with ADB’s Safety and Emergency Unit.
Budget Planning, Procurement Request and Office Relocation
- Plans and coordinates the annual internal administrative and capital budget for each of the service contract under the staff’s responsibility. Monitors and ensures the procurement requests for both supplies and service contracts are promptly raised within the acceptable time frame and approved budget.
- Plans and coordinates office moves in collaboration with the project management team within HQ. Backs-up senior National Staff in his/her absence.
- Performs other functions as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Administration, or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in supervisory position.
- In-depth knowledge of ADB’s safety rules and regulations in multilateral organizations.
- Awareness of the application of Energy, Environment, Health and Safety Management System in Building Facilities and Services.
- Technically oriented, solid working knowledge in different aspects of building maintenance including minor renovation/construction work, plumbing, electric wiring, carpentry, etc.
- Good working knowledge of janitorial and sports/recreational activities, and meetings/conference arrangements.
- Sound knowledge of standard ADB software.
- People and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 1-4.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.