This is an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director – Energy to join our Energy team based in our office in Central London with a real passion for delivering a diverse range of projects.
Joining the existing Asset Management team, you’ll be involved in delivering projects for various clients across both public and private sectors. You will continue to develop a wide range of energy management skills and knowledge, working closely with clients, stakeholders and all WYG disciplines to develop and deliver projects in some challenging timelines.
Due to the varied nature of our work, it’s vital that you’re highly flexible and keen to learn and grow in all of the areas and sectors we work in.
We are looking for a professionally credible and commercially minded Associate Director – Energy with enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work under their own initiative and meet our client’s expectations. The ability to identify project requirements, develop a programme of delivery, control costs, manage project governance and manage a team of people from across the business will be crucial for success. You will be busy, challenged and well rewarded.
You will have a wide-ranging knowledge of Energy Management which will include energy surveying, purchasing, reduction strategies, and monitoring and targeting
- Formulates the development and delivery of the business and discipline energy management consultancy strategy in line with Tetra Tech corporate objectives
- Leads the management of a client portfolio; making sure that projects are delivered in line with client needs ensuring that risks, issues and milestones are effectively addressed
- Pro-actively identifies opportunities for new business with existing clients and supports the acquisition of new clients and opportunities
- Pro-actively identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business ensuring that this is shared with colleagues
- Negotiates fee proposals and other commercial issues within Tetra Tech and Project guidelines
- Provides best in class professional and technical advice and makes sure of the development and delivery of cost effective, innovative solutions
- Makes sure projects are delivered on time, within budget and in line with appropriate quality standards
- Makes sure that projects are properly resourced and managed to ensure profitability by a motivated and engaged team
- Leads motivated and engaged teams ensuring their professional development and coaching in line with WYG’s People Strategy
- Energy Management Degree or Building Services equivalent qualification
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body
- Accredited qualification(s) in Energy and Buildings Directive disciplines (e.g. CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant)
- Experience of creating and implementing carbon reduction strategies across different market sectors
- Extensive knowledge of energy market conditions, opportunities, and forthcoming legislation
- A diverse portfolio of experience, both in technical energy management and energy strategy, for blue chip clients within different market sectors
- Have a breadth of knowledge in the following technical capacities:
- Heat Networks,
- Private Wire Networks
- De-centralised Energy,
- Energy centres,
- Energy storage,
- Renewable generation,
- EV charging systems.
- Team leadership and development of professional and support staff
- High level influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven commercial awareness
- Ability to apply continuous improvement and effective change in an organisation
- High level interpersonal skills
- Robust project and programme management capability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate and proficient use of standard Microsoft Office software packages
- Driving licence
- Flexibility to work overseas if required
- Ability to achieve ‘Security Clearance’ vetting is essential
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations and, with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you to develop all the skills and qualifications that you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.