The purpose of this position is to provide extensive support to the CFC Director and Co-Directors for the planning and execution of the new 5 to 7-year Comprehensive Fundraising Campaign. This position is key to organizing the managerial details and operations of the CFC with the CFC Director to ensure revenue goals are achieved to increase funding by 12 to 15% on average. The managerial support includes planning, communication, financial analysis and management, external relations with consultants and donors as well as team-building of the CFC. The CFC Associate Director will also maintain responsibility of supporting the regional CFC councils, networkers and a portfolio of Tier A and B donors, with particular attention to those that are engaging with the CFC from Canada.
1. Provide associate director leadership for the Comprehensive Fundraising Campaign (CFC) for at least an estimated 5 years:
a) Support the CFC Director in the management of the planning, implementation and oversight for the CFC including process and performance objectives
b) Organize regional CFC Councils in Canada and a circle of CFC Networkers, providing on-going support for their members and volunteers
c) Ensure development of campaign reporting tools in order to track progress and institute campaign metrics – with input and buy in from internal departments
d) Together with the Donor Relations Director in Canada, develop and support a plan for effectively linking the donor relations team in Canada with the CFC to increase and sustain higher levels of donor support for World Renew
e) Build appropriate and effective internal communications on CFC planning and progress
f) Champion the campaign identity and rally cry ensuring effective integration in fundraising and marketing activities
2. Oversee the management of all Canadian CFC Council Members and Networker volunteers and selected donors to achieve objectives:
a) Recruit, support and supervise regional CFC Councils (Canada) including their orientation and campaign activities
b) As identified by the Donor Relations Director in Canada, manage a portfolio of Tier A and Tier B level donors with specific focus on those that show potential for pledges and support for the CFC
c) Prepare and implement contact plans for any new major donors identified together with the donor relations team
d) Assist the Donor Relations Director in Canada to support donor relations staff in their efforts to develop and deepen existing donor relationships through effective involvement strategies, particularly new CFC donors
e) Develop presentations for communicating the CFC, Case for Support and other opportunities for donor engagement especially focusing on new audiences of individual donors, businesses and donor groups in Canada
f) Ensure with the Donor Relations Director in Canada that selected donors are provided with relevant information to report on the application of their gifts in ways that increase their affinity for the ministry of World Renew
3. Provide associate director leadership for a coordinated process in managing the CFC across the organization:
a) Together with the CFC Campaign Director, ensure the nurturing of strong relationships with Board members, CFC Council members and CFC Networkers for successful achievement of CFC goals
b) Coordinate with the leaders of MarComm, Donor Relations, Grants, Church Relations and Global Volunteer Program on campaign-specific communications (brochures, pamphlets, online communications) for current and new donors
c) Ensure the development and effective coordination of CFC taskforce members on all campaign events, with specific attention and focus on those organized in the Canadian context for the CFC
This position supervises CFC Campaign Council members and volunteer networkers that are recruited across Canada. Together with the CFC Director, this position indirectly supports a wide range of staff on the CORE and Program Excellence as well as liaises with leaders from CORE, Program Excellence and IDR teams
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.Knowledgeable in the Reformed faith and tradition as practiced by the CRCNA, with an ability to articulate a biblical world and life view and to communicate enthusiasm for the ministry of World Renew
2. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
3. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Strong leadership and complexity management skills, including demonstrated skills in both individual and team growth and development
5. Thorough understanding and extensive experience in fundraising including proposal writing, prospect development, project management and donor stewardships
6. Experience in developing donor strategies and effectively cultivating and stewarding major donor contributions
7. Knowledge and experience of delivering a variety of marketing and communications techniques in a comprehensive campaign setting, including branding, digital media, advertising, and public engagement
8. Ability to analyze issues, plan, identify priorities, manage and monitor a fundraising project and budget and demonstrate return on investment of development activities
9. Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others and building trust; demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to express ideas clearly, listen with sensitivity
10. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of donor information; self-directed, ability to work with limited direction and to set priorities in a multi-task context to ensure projects are completed and targets achieved
11. Well-developed writing skills, including prior experience writing proposals and donor reports; public speaking; demonstrated competency in various computer applications
12. Preferred certification in fundraising at executive level or Credentialed Christian Nonprofit Leader (CCNL) or documented ability and experience and willingness to become qualified as a CFRE or CCNL
1. A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field such as business, marketing, or nonprofit management is preferred. Additional relevant education and/or professional development/affiliations/credentials an asset.
2. At least ten years of work experience in fundraising, including at least three years in leadership roles is required, with demonstrated experience in the area of major donor development and campaign management
3. Experience or exposure to international community development is a definite asset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel of up to 25% of working hours in a month, within the USA and to Canada, including meetings during non-business hours and occasional overnight stays, is expected.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.