The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit http://www.unicefusa.org .
Associate, Corporate Partnerships
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Corporate Partnerships, the Associate will be responsible for supporting partnership activities, workplace giving and special projects of the Vice President.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Support Deputy Director in efforts to cultivate, manage and grow relationships with priority corporate partners: (33%)
- Support efforts to cultivate, manage and grow relationships with priority corporate partners with revenue of at least $500,000 and/or potential to grow to at least $1 million per year
- Support account plans, which could include philanthropic/foundation grants, cause marketing, sponsorship, customer fundraising, employee engagement, and/or shared value activities
- Develop presentations, and creating one-sheets, proposals, reports, and web and print content
- Implementing campaigns and communications activities
- Coordinating logistics for event
- Gathering and analyzing information and proactively proposing ideas to enhance the partnership and share impact with partners
- Coordinate departmental projects and support special projects with Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, as well as other team members, such as: (33%)
- Provide communication support, background research, and project coordination
- Manage department correspondence and internal/external organizational requests for the team
- Interact with corporate partners and internal partners on activities such as preparing for meetings, managing communications activities, monitoring campaign results, tracking revenue, coordinating logistics for events, and conducting programmatic or partner research
- Track and disseminate relevant information to the team
- Support processing and tracking of unsolicited corporate financial contributions with internal and external partners
- Lead designated workplace giving activities, such as: (33%)
- Work with the Deputy Director, Corporate Partnership Development to implement the workplace giving/matching gift plan
- Manage relationships with priority supporters, including Global Impact and Google, and work cross-divisionally with Digital Fundraising team on Facebook and LinkedIn, to achieve $4M in workplace giving revenue in FY16
- Track donations, and manage communications and activities with external corporate contacts and with USF colleagues to recognize supporters
- Provide support to Corporate Partnership relationship managers around workplace giving in partnership plans/activities
- Initiate ideas for expanding workplace giving
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two to three years’ experience in either sales/business development, account management/support or grant management/support role in the corporate sector or international development or corporate foundation/grant management/support role in the non-profit sector
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a solutions-oriented approach to challenges
- Strong customer service mentality and interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse personalities; must enjoy working in a team environment
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with corporate or foundation fundraising, workplace giving/employee engagement, and/or grant-making a plus
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, USF offers a comprehensive benefits package.
USF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.