Function of the Position:
The incumbent will work within the Business Process Management (BPM) unit using process re-engineering to scope, plan and implement business process improvement projects focused on ensuring compliance, while also improving effectiveness and efficiency, in support of DAI’s USG business goals. The Business Process Specialist will ensure DAI’s policies and procedures are maintained and updated as needed, provide a number of quality assurance functions, provide project management expertise to other departments within the Bethesda office, and will conduct short term project management assignments in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities may include a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
(The percentages below are notional and may change depending on evolving business needs)
Business Analysis (25%)
Conducts periodic analysis of business data as directed by the Director, Business Process Transformation. Provides input and assistance in the development of departmental priorities.
Project Management (30%)
Develops BPM project plans, and facilitates business process improvements including working group sessions throughout all phases of the BPM process. Monitors, documents and presents process improvements. Meets with department representatives to discuss cross-department initiatives and facilitates the discussion of potential solutions for areas of inefficiency, bottlenecks, or waste. Ensures updates of DAI’s Operations Manual and Field Operations Manual as assigned. Works with the Delivery teams to ensure the content of the DAI Operations Manual and the Field Operations Manual are being consistently supported and trained.
Quality Assurance (20%)
Supports assigned quality control and assurance functions. Reports on and ensures compliance on those functions identified by the Director, BPT. Facilitates and maintains the company’s Schedule of Authorities. Conducts Quality Assurance reviews, trains Quality Assurance reviewers, and reports on the Quality Assurance Review Process for all project startups and closedowns. Works closely with OIMT to ensure Quality Assurance systems fit and support the company’s policies and procedures.
Corporate Initiatives (25%)
Participates in cross-group or corporate initiatives that aim at improving corporate competitiveness, service quality and cost savings. Supports knowledge management of corporate initiatives and best practices and works in conjunction with project management to facilitate training on best practice initiatives.
- Grade 7: Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 2 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 8: Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 3 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 9: Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Previous experience with process re-engineering methods such as LEAN, Kaizen, ISO, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience providing administrative or management support to international donor- funded projects.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Certification in a business process management method or process re-engineering method.
- Experience in facilitating meetings, working groups, or large groups of people with varying opinions Knowledge of USAID regulations, policies and procedures.
- Previous experience working for DAI or other development organizations, including short- or long-term field experience.
- Previous experience in process improvement and quality assurance.
- Use of SharePoint platform
- Experience developing operation manuals, policies, or procedures.
- USAID Contractor experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a second language
Supervisory Requirements: N/A
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans