IMPORTANT INFORMATIONClose relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Logistics Management Unit (OAIS-LM) within the Institutional Services Division (OAIS). OAIS is under the Office of Administrative Services Department.
OAS manages the building, facilities and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAIS-LM is responsible for Asset Management, Mail and Messenger Services, Non-life Insurance Services, Printing Services, Shipping Services and Transportation Services. Asset management functions include planning, developing and executing policies, system and procedures for materials management, operation of warehouses, inventory control, retirement, replacement and disposal of ADB property.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Asset Management Administrator will, in compliance with internal controls and guidelines, attend to the efficient asset management and inventory control, warehousing function, and database system maintenance. Coordinates the issuance and delivery control of office and reproduction supplies and equipment; and administration of food services and facility supplies and equipment. Provides technical and administrative support to asset functions, including contract management. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
Supplies Issuance, Delivery Control and Monitoring
- Reviews and processes office supplies and equipment requisitions received electronically for reasonableness of quantity, completeness, accuracy and proper authorization following ADB’s policy on levels of authority.
- Checks and monitors timely issuance/deliveries of approved requisitions by service providers.
- Checks, inspects and accepts all materials delivered by service providers to ensure conformance of quality.
- Responds to inquiries of ADB personnel in HQ and FOs promptly.
- Checks the packing, labeling and preparation of shipping and marine insurance documents of supplies issued to the FOs in coordination with Shipping Services.
- Undertakes all activities to ensure stock availability of office supplies and equipment by advising the asset budget coordinator of stocks below minimum level and follows up replenishment of unavailable items.
- Conducts the annual Office Supplies Roadshow
Asset Management and Inventory Control
- Checks and verifies Delivery Receipts and updates records in the inventory database.
- Checks and prepares inventory adjustment memos.
- Monitors and assists in analyzing aging and historical records of office supplies and equipment, food services and facility supplies for maximum utilization, storage space requirements, timely replenishment or disposal.
- Verifies return receipts prepared by the service provider and recommends proper disposition.
- Contributes to the bank-wide asset accountability confirmation activities to clarify issues on staff accountability for office equipment.
- Participates in the periodic physical inventory of ADB assets and supplies. Provides support in resolving discrepancies in accordance with approved inventory control regulations, guidelines and procedures.
Database System Maintenance and Administration
Contributes to the comprehensive maintenance and data entry of office supplies and equipment, food service and facility supplies in the database by:
- Taking into account receipts, issues, returns, transfers, movements, and cancellations; and checking the accuracy of database entries against source documents.
- Participating in the continuous enhancement of business processes, and test features of the database in consultation with the Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) and other departments concerned.
- Assisting users in navigating the Office Supply and Facility Supply requisitioning facility and resolving system-related issues.
Contracts Administration Support
- Assists in preparing and reviewing bidding documents, Service Level Agreement and Work Performance Statement, and in evaluating bids.
- Assists in identifying office supplies and equipment for inclusion in the outsourcing contracts.
- Contributes to the monitoring and compliance to contract provisions on stores management, procurement and delivery of office supplies and equipment by the service providers.
- Evaluates and prepares the monthly performance of service providers.
Technical and Administrative Support
- Drafts standard correspondences and minutes of meetings with service providers and ADB personnel in HQ and FOs.
- Participates in the implementation of ISO initiatives for chemical usage and storage, paper conservation, and other departmental activities.
- Conducts regular inspection of warehouses to ensure compliance with ISO 14001 / 45001 / 50001 standards.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the position’s immediate supervisor, Unit Head, OAIS-LM and/or Director, OAIS, and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or Industrial Engineering. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with exposure managing teams.
- Sound working knowledge in:
- Accounting and audit principles pertaining to inventory monitoring, control, and warehouse operations.
- Policies, guidelines and procedures relating to asset/inventory management, warehousing operations, contract administration and implementation.
- Computer applications (Oracle and Coupa), and other standard software (MS Office), system design and workflow analysis.
- Adequate understanding and familiarity with different office and facility supplies and equipment.
- Sound working knowledge of ISO best practices and procedures particularly on warehousing, receiving, and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB and work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6-7
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.