The International Health portfolio (IHE) specialises in the health sector, working in low and middle-income countries. In collaboration with international agencies and national governments, we work to advance and improve health systems.
International health provides consultancy services in international health development, in areas such as infectious diseases, monitoring and evaluation, reproductive maternal and child health, health systems strengthening and finance and more. Our main clients include DFID, FCO, DOHSC, World Health Organisation as well as other UN organisations, charitable foundations, GAVI, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, European Commission and regional banks, global health partnerships, and international NGOs.
This role will provide effective operational and financial co-ordination and support to assigned projects, working closely with the Project Managers, Health Specialists, and Commercial/Operations Managers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Tasks related to assigned projects
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Project Manager/Health Specialist for the duration of the project.
- Ensure timely submission of client deliverables by following the company quality assurance systems and processes (including high quality report formatting).
- Make logistical arrangements for consultants and project staff as required, including travel bookings, visa applications, security clearance for travel to high risk countries and effective consultant briefings prior to departure.
- Draft project budgets and profitability analyses using agreed templates.
- Monitor, forecast and manage budgets on the company financial project management systems by tracking expenditure and profit and making budget adjustments as required.
- Ensure timely invoicing to the client and efficient processing of consultant invoices.
- Draft consultancy agreements in the agreed templates and check and arrange approval of client contracts.
- Establish clear and effective communication with the project team including the Health Specialist, consultants, and relevant client departments.
- Maintain accurate project records which are readily available to other members of the team, and archive files when the project is closed.
- Ensure compliance with the company Business Management System (BMS) processes
- Act as Bid Co-ordinator as required supporting the bidding team in preparing proposals for submission. This involves initial research into relevant company experience, budgeting, due diligence checks on potential partner organisations, and co-ordination of the BMS processes.
- Contribute to the general work of the team, Division, Unit and of the Company as a whole.
- Share knowledge and experiences to improve the performance of the team and Division.
- Work closely with immediate colleagues and Unit employees to provide a high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Have a flexible approach to working and be prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder
- Demonstrates excellent spoken communication skills.
- Able to adapt communication style as necessary.
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Able to produce detailed and accurate work applying excellent attention to detail.
- Able to express self clearly in writing.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proactive and initiates action when required.
- Patient and remains calm when under pressure.
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills.
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage own time.
- Motivated to actively engage in own continued personal learning and development
Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
- Desired training and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Previous experience using administrative systems.
- Advanced level skills in Word and Excel (able to format reports and manipulate data using spreadsheets).
- Enjoys working with figures, budgets and spreadsheets.
- Track record of success in roles requiring multitasking.
- Previous experience forecasting and managing budgets.
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
- Demonstrates interest in the work of International Health and the Mott MacDonald Group.