Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia (http:www.tetratechintdev.com/) is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Manager to join its Business Development Unit (BDU). The Assistant Manager is accountable for providing administrative support and developing specialized knowledge on best practices of proposal development and subcontractor management at all stages of the proposal cycle. Applicants should be open to periodic international travel for new business development and should be able to take on assignments that may involve 2-3 weeks from home.
The position will be based in Burlington, Vermont.
What you’ll be doing:
* Provide the highest levels of administrative and management support across the proposal lifecycle;
* Coordinate (US-based and foreign) subcontractor relationships, and manage subcontractor proposal inputs, including qualifications statements, past performance references and budgets;
* Undertake analytical and research tasks to support technical proposal development;
* Support efforts to recruit high-quality candidates and present them effectively in proposals;
* Conduct compliance checks and gap analysis of proposals against client requirements;
* Support pre-proposal capture work, including desk-based research and overseas, on-the-ground preparation;
* Learn Tetra Tech’s proposal best practices and actively support the maintenance and continual improvement of proposal processes and related tool; and,
* Provide ad-hoc support for BDU’s pipeline information management and market intelligence gathering efforts.
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an area related to one of the firm’s practice areas, required;
* Minimum of either two years of professional experience or a Master’s degree required;
* International experience, including with Peace Corps or at an international development consulting firm or NGO preferred;
* Polished writing abilities and capacity to synthesize large volumes of information into key messages;
* French and/or Spanish strongly preferred;
* Experience with budget development and analysis;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is absolutely mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing sample of at least 5 pages, in which the applicant is the sole author
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.