The Small Business Initiative was approved by the Board of Directors in December 2013 with the objective to launch and develop a new, long-term and strategic dimension of the Bank related to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as part of the Banks core mandate. One of the main objectives of the SBI is the development and evolution of an integrated toolbox of products to provide support to the SME sector through an efficient and holistic approach including direct and indirect products, advisory services and policy dialogue.
The Project life-cycle involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
The role of the Assistant Analyst is to provide high quality secretarial and administrative support to the Regional Head and other team members, as required and assigned by the Regional Head, as well as assist in project preparation and implementation process under direct and continuous supervision.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Regional Head, SME Finance and Development or a more senior team members:
- Provide full range of secretarial assistance to management and other staff as required, including but not limited to: manage the diaries of the Regional Head to assist with the smooth running of the office and key stakeholders schedules; proof read and draft routine business correspondence for Bankers signature; production of printed materials; maintaining the filing system to ensure instant retrieval of up-to-date information; travel arrangements for business trips, including visas arrangements and preparation of expense and claims forms and following up reimbursement process
- Assisting in the organisation of workshops and seminars, preparing presentations for internal and external meetings
- Working with visiting missions in the related areas
- Providing administrative support in project preparation/ due diligence/ monitoring: updating projects databases and filing project documents, preparation of contract request forms, communication with TC team
- Updating DTM entries as per the OPSCOM minutes and memo as required
- Develop documentation for TC projects, including drafting Terms of References, budget, matrix, Technical Cooperation Report and memo, as required
- OpsCom/SBIC preparation: video-link organising
- Undertake the monitoring of selected existing Bank investments; monitoring of project implementation and operation, loan administration.
- Assist in project monitoring reports preparation (prepare monitoring reports, keep track of and review the clients financial, project and other reporting, and follow up clients covenant compliance) as required and assigned by the Regional Head
- As required, liaise with the relevant support units within the Bank in order to facilitate smooth project execution and implementation
- Assist in project, market and sector data research from multiple sources to prepare presentations and other information materials or provide necessary information for project preparation and business development purposes
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Good numerical and financial skills coupled with attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Good organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work, excellent time-keeping
- Ability to handle and prioritise simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts and to work on own initiative
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data
- Good communications skills, including tact and diplomacy, pleasant and efficient telephone manner
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment; strong team player
- Conscientious, responsible, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude
- Excellent interpersonal manner
- Knowledge of local business environment
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good understanding of accounting principles and ability to interpret accounts would be a plus
- Fluent in English and Russian, and preferably Kazakh languages, both written and spoken
- Secretarial and administrative experience in a similar fast paced international environment is essential
- Administrative or back-office support in investment projects preparation and implementation;
- Conducting research and presenting the information collated in a clear, easy to understand and organised form
- Compiling statistical and other kind of reports
- Higher education or relevant qualification.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.