Purpose of Job
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing and settlement of EBRD’s Banking products in the global markets. The Assistant Analyst provides support to the managers to ensure that Banking local market standards and practices are followed.
Operations Banking/Treasury is responsible for the management of all Banking/Treasury transactions from inception to maturity across all global markets. This requires accurate capture in the Bank’s Treasury and Accounting systems, which in turn feed data to the Bank’s Banking and Risk systems, thereby enabling the measurement of client/counterparty risk and the application of limits and controls as appropriate.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of both internal departments and external organisations to ensure the Bank’s transactions are processed and settled in an accurate and timely manner, across multiple markets and several time zones without exposing the Bank to unnecessary operational or reputational risk.
The Assistant Analyst should have broader experience across the main tasks performed by the team, equipping the role holder to assist other team members in completing day-to-day business requirements.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Processing of Loan related transactions and amendments as directed
- Monitor internal accounting ledgers to identify and clear breaks as required.
- Prepare Drawdown, Rollover, Fee advices and Audit confirmations for internal and external clients.
- Input of data into the Banks accounting and funding systems as directed.
- Preparation of ad hoc internal reports and reconciliations as directed.
- Preparing swift payments and sending funding instructions to Treasury
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data, processes and practice in accordance with established procedure to identify potential or actual compliance issues and raises issues identified with management
- Provides advisory services to internal clients relating to own practice area, by being focal point of contact, to ensure there is no misalignment between policy and practice
- Contributes to the development of procedures within own area of specialism to ensure the function best responds to the Bank’s needs.
- Updates procedures to reflect changes to policies and in current practice.
- Responsibility for the checking and authorisation of other team members’ work to ensure accuracy in processing/settlement of Bank’s transactions.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Additional relevant languages would be beneficial
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with Summit, SAP, SWIFT, Loan IQ, ACBs systems
- Experience in a relevant Operations department
- Knowledge of Legal documentation
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of the Bank and its functions
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.