The Assistant Analyst is responsible for assisting the Operations Administration Department (OAD) teams with banking and legal processes while also providing general administrative support when required. This role involves dealing with colleagues of all levels throughout the Bank and will work alongside experienced OAD staff to learn and develop knowledge in the monitoring and control functions of the team. The incumbent will ultimately work towards managing a small portfolio of up to 60 simple operations under supervision from senior team members.
The function acts as an equivalent middle/back office support responsible for dealing with the capture of legal documentation/trade structures into the Bank’s core systems, facilitating the accurate measurement of client/counterparty risk, the application of appropriate limits and the ongoing monitoring and control of clients throughout their lifecycle. The team interacts with a variety of stakeholders across Banking (and wider) and is expected to identify/mitigate risks throughout the pre/post signing product journey, with the support of senior colleagues provide expertise and guidance on a range of issues, including the Bank’s policies and procedures to bankers and clients across EBRD countries of operations. The role is critical to ensuring the Bank’s transactions are processed and settled in an accurate and timely manner without exposing the Bank to unnecessary operational or reputational risk.
The role holder will need to deliver successful operational outcomes by interacting with staff across a variety of functions and grades.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Set up operations for signed Banking products in the IAM, creating the deal structure and the relevant monitoring and control aspects
- Monitor the upload of covenant reporting from ClientNet and update the banks systems as required, liaising with external and internal stakeholders
- Liaise with managers in OAD for assistance in maintaining and clearing covenants
- Assist the team with disbursements and waivers, amendments and consents to gain knowledge and experience on all products covered by relevant team
- Work towards managing a portfolio of up to 60 simple operations undertaking all tasks relating to those operations under supervision from the AD or Principal team members
- Perform regular reviews and updates to IAM portfolio ensuring data is kept in line with other Bank systems such as DTM and Summit amongst others.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Associate Director
- Be a ‘team player’ in a department responsible for creating a ‘best in class’ operational function
- Support the identification and implementation associated with driving improved efficiencies in OSM with a view to enhancing the overall service experience – timeliness, quality, engagement etc.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of personal and broader operational metrics, identifying opportunities to improve (either personally or collectively)
Operational Standards, Risk, Control & Governance:
- Be a part of a culture where team members are indirectly responsible for the quality of their output, ensuring adherence to established quality/assurance targets
- Help support the broader improvement of Operations and Service Managements (OSMs) control environment
- Ensure that new processes and practices are conducted in line with quality standards, applicable standards/policies and relevant legislation
Service Management & Third Party Management:
- In delivering day-to-day operational activity, conform to established service levels and standards
- Where necessary, work in a collaborative manner with other colleagues/teams involved in a hybrid service model
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to facilitate operational outcomes that adhere to established service levels
Be an ambassador for OSM across other departments by delivering outstanding operational outcomes
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or law, from a leading university
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of another language both written and spoken would be useful
- General banking, legal and credit skills as well as knowledge of the Bank’s products especially equities, funds, bonds, grants and bi-lateral, syndicated and parallel loans
- Proven administrative / operations experience
- Commercial orientation and awareness
- Attention to detail, analytical skills, and multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
- Computer literate: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.