The Assistant Analyst, HR Business Partnering is accountable for supporting the HR Business Partners with the consistent execution of the Banks HR policies and procedures in relation to the Employee Lifecycle and ensuring that the HR Business Partnering function continues to support the broader goals of the Bank and provides effective outcomes and solutions to stakeholders.
The Assistant Analyst, HR Business Partnering will provide advice and guidance to employees and line managers about HR policies and procedures. They will manage the processes and tasks required to support the ‘lifecycle’ of employees, e.g. joining the bank and changes to terms and conditions.
The Assistant Analyst, HR Business Partnering will liaise with relevant departments within HR and the Bank, as well as designated external providers.
The Assistant Analyst, HR Business Partnering has sole responsibility for checking the accuracy of all documentation supplied by HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition Specialists, including compensation summaries.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Providing tailored advice; assistance and problem solving related to policy queries (delegated either by the Associate Director or triaged to the Assistant Analyst by the HR Helpdesk) at all employee levels and in a timely manner. Liaising with HR centres of expertise as necessary. This will include advice about: prescribed compensation guidelines and policies; routine medical absences and performance management questions.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of all HR elements of the employee life cycle and policies in order to mitigate legal and reputational risk and to meet business needs.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and implementation of contractual and employee benefits documentation and related to all elements of the employee ‘lifecycle’.
- Responsible for recruitment administration and managing the end-to-end on-boarding process for all recruited new hires, ensuring smooth on-boarding; including supporting visa applications, liaising with third party reference agencies and ongoing comprehensive guidance and support regarding the benefits package throughout the process.
- Educating new joiners and existing staff members on the Banks benefits packages via weekly presentations and one-to-one meetings.
- Preparing information for briefings as well as drafting supporting commentary on a range of HR related topics, including the preparation of in-depth cost estimates to assist the Business.
- Record-keeping to underpin sound administration of Bank personnel, drafting supporting rationale for decisions which clarify policy decisions and/or document rationale for policy variations in the realms of reward and employee lifecycle events.
- Providing back-up to the HR Helpdesk as directed by the Associate Director and in consultation with the Head, HR Client Services.
- Working closely with all staff within the HR department to interpret and implement policy changes and to provide feedback and recommendations on possible system and process implications; participate in system changes testing and updating of all relevant information sources.
- Responsible for managing housekeeping tasks and the implementation of ad-hoc projects.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of reports and management information from a wide range of databases for the purposes of internal controls; maintaining EBRD HR Systems to ensure business continuity particularly in reference to maintaining live data for critical business reporting; checking and processing, undertaking the necessary action.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven HR experience.
- Professional or Academic Qualification in relevant discipline desirable.
- Analytical approach to work. Highly accurate with good numerical skills.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenges in a way that ensures a positive outcome for all parties.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and administrative skills, the ability to prioritise and multitask is essential.
- Ability to communicate and influence diplomatically and effectively at all levels.
- Ability to operate in an environment with continuously changing priorities, remain calm under pressure and turn work around accurately in a busy environment.
- Experience of operating with good judgement in a demanding client facing role.
- Ability to act in a customer service orientated manner, responding flexibly and promptly to clients needs using outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise judgement and deal discreetly with sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues is essential. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, preferred experience with e-recruitment software, SAP HR and data warehouse packages.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.