Purpose of Job
Responsible for recording, checking and posting a large volume of varied transactions on a daily basis, verifying accuracy of provided data and information and ensuring their adherence to the Donors and Bank’s policies and procedures.
The individual is required to work closely with external and internal clients utilising a variety of systems and delivering to strict deadlines.
The Operations Finance teams within Operations Service Management (OSM) are responsible for ensuring all Resident and ASB Offices comply with best practice when carrying out their accounting and financial management duties. The teams are also responsible for carrying out quarterly and annual checks to ensure the offices are complying with the guidelines and provide training to the Resident Officer (RO) Budget Officers and Office Managers. In addition, they make sure that all the expenses and Bank and Donor funded invoices are checked and settled in an accurate and timely manner. This requires accurate capture of data in SAP to ensure that the Donor Funded commitments and the Bank’s departmental budgets are reported correctly. The team is also responsible for ensuring that all cost recovery arrangements are accurately recorded in SAP and for submitting claims to the relevant authorities for the recovery of taxes.
The role interacts with and provides guidance to external clients and a wide cross section of departments within the Bank. Assistant Analysts are required to process the Bank’s transactions in an accurate and timely manner without exposing the Bank to unnecessary operational or reputational risk. Therefore, it is important to establish good working relationships with all parties involved and ensure that a high level of guidance and control is consistently provided.
Ops Finance team has the following key functions :
- policy control
- monitoring and verification
- advisory function
- review and compliance
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Check Bank and Donor funded invoices against the underlying contracts, agreements or policies, as appropriate, to ensure accuracy and compliance with terms and conditions.
- Provide guidance to the Bank’s Budget Officers and other staff on a regular basis to ensure the Bank’s and Donor’s policies, practices and guidelines are adhered to
- Liaise with internal and external clients in order to exchange information, clarify facts, investigate and resolve queries and/or problems
- Check and post parked journals to financial accounts, ensure that the relevant authorizations have been obtained and the postings are made from the correct G/L accounts, cost centres and WBS elements
- Analyse, review and process travel and expense claims for the whole Bank to ensure adherence to the Bank’s policy and refer any inconsistencies and issues to the Budget Officers
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and liaise with internal parties to clear outstanding items to ensure the Bank’s budgets are recorded accurately
- Accountable for the Monthly Financial Reconciliation of the BAS and Investment Council Offices in countries of operations
- Responsible for financial overview of Resident Offices
- Oversee the cost recovery process for the whole Bank, review a variety of Client Cost sharing agreements to identify the agreed cost recovery terms, including analysing and interpreting legal agreements and other documentation to ensure that costs are recovered from the clients in accordance with the relevant legal agreements
- Prepare and submit claims to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office for the recovery of the Bank’s taxes, including VAT, IPT, CCL, APD
- Authorises Donor Funded requests for payments and ensures the availability of funds in the relevant Donor Funded accounts prior to disbursement
- Enhances and implements continuous improvements to the current procedures and processes
- Produces variety of reports and summaries of data in order to support banking activities
- Provides training to new team members to ensure team objectives are met
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Strong analytical, problem solving and numerical skills
- Previous experience of SAP is desirable
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Experience of working accurately within strict deadlines
- Previous experience in a Finance sector including exposure to the interpretation of contractual documentation would be an advantage
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Additional relevant languages would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently or as a part of the team
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.