The Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to allocated managers. The role is responsible for the smooth running of the managers business activities including travel planning and expenses, diary and Ops Com/Board submissions.
The Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to team managers and works with other support staff in the team as and when required. The role also encompasses the responsibility of supporting & guiding other secretaries when new to their role and covering secretarial absence. This role will entail dealing with colleagues in the Resident Offices as well as in the Headquarters which in turn also includes various departments.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Making hotel/travel arrangements, itineraries and arranging visas, renewing passports as required to ensure travel arrangements run smoothly.
- Processing consultancy contracts/ legal documentation and liaising with consultants, and outside lawyers as directed by manager.
- Provide cover during other Assistants absences and provide handover notes to ensure a smooth transition.
- Handling Managers expense claims relating to travel, hospitality, following up on reimbursement and monitoring corporate card bills to ensure all costs are recovered in a timely manner.
- OpsCom and Board submission for the Operation Leaders. Ensuring quality management and control; proof-reading and checking documents as and when required.
- Screening Managers and colleagues telephone calls; responding to and dealing with external queries; passing on calls to other members of the department as appropriate to ensure appropriate action are taken for any calls.
- Maintain comprehensive filing in various hard copy and electronic systems and archiving for Managers/team to ensure instant retrieval of documents.
- Managing diaries, arranging internal and external meetings and conference calls, receiving visitors ensuring that each meeting is seamlessly executed.
- Correspondence obtaining the appropriate sign off on documents and coordinating PSD, Mandate Letter when required ensuring that they are signed or coordinated in a timely manner.
- Events organising signing events on behalf of Operations Leader at the Headquarters ensuring that any event is well organised and that any issues arising are resolved in a timely way.
- Depending on the individual team they may be responsible for dealing with reports, logging, ensuring all entries are correct and that all personal items are paid by the individual
- Depending on the individual team, coordinating moves and changes with HR, IT and Facilities or/and own department coordinator to ensure a smooth on boarding for new starters.
- Conduct ad-hoc or specific tasks assigned by Line Manager which may be related amongst others to pipeline or reporting.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Secondary/High School Education
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of another language (e.g. Russian, German, French, or Arabic) both written and spoken would be useful
- Secretarial and administrative experience essential
- Good organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work essential.
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work on own initiative.
- Good communications skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and cheerfully and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and professional and a capacity for hard work.
- Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Ability to take on responsibility.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Excellent time-keeper.
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential
- At least 55 wpm typing
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise and schedule own work
- Demonstrates initiative to work independently on day to day basis
- Ability to cope well under pressure and a capacity for hard work
- Ability to work efficiently and cheerfully as part of a team
- Reliable, flexible and willing to work overtime as and when required
- Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment.
This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.