***Assignment Network available – this position is open to internal candidates only.***
Assignment Network is an in-house networking process to facilitate matching opportunities and people for short-term and low-percentage assignments. The Business Development team is looking for a Proposal Writer. The location of this assignment can be any PATH Office.
Percentage time: 75-100% LOE for 4-6 weeks at a time
Program/Division: Business Development
Location: Any PATH Office
Start date: January 20, 2020
End date: Open
We are seeking global health proposal writers for our roster to work with technical teams and the Business Development team on competitive opportunities. We seek candidates with demonstrated skills, expertise, and experience in writing and editing successful proposals for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other large institutional donors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with proposal teams to review solicitations, determine technical strategies and approaches, develop outlines and plans, and write and edit proposals.
- Support design of the technical approach, ensuring it responds to the donor requirements in the solicitation, addresses the programmatic context, and uses appropriate win themes.
- Review background documents, including the solicitation, program descriptions and donor strategies, PATH and partner programmatic materials, and information on country context.
- Lead the process for writing the technical proposal, including gathering inputs from PATH and partners, preparing drafts, incorporating reviewer comments, and ensuring the technical proposal is coordinated with the monitoring and evaluation plan and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to write responsive and competitive global health proposals for USAID, CDC, DFID, the Gates Foundation, NIH, and other large institutional donors.
- Proven ability to create engaging and compelling text while maintaining technical accuracy and adhering to donor requirements.
- Ability to take input from multiple sources, work with technical teams to resolve differences and transform technical applications into one voice.
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and especially Microsoft Word.
- Ability to travel in the US and internationally.