***Assignment Network available – this position is open to internal candidates only.***
This assignment network is an in-house networking process to facilitate matching opportunities and people for short-term and low-percentage assignments. We now have a new position available through the assignment network.
Percentage time: 30-50%
Program/Division: Sexual and Reproductive Health, PHC, P&I
Start date: October 15, 2021
End date: December 31, 2021
Scope of Work:
PATH is a sub to PSI on the USAID-funded IMPACT project in Madagascar, leading the total market approach aspect of the project. IMPACT is looking for assistance in writing a Family Planning Market Assessment report and shepherding the report to completion and submission in December 2021. The report is one of PATH’s major deliverables for the project. The market assessment is based on qualitative key informant interviews, and quantitative data from an outlet survey of outlets in the public, private, and not for profit sectors that offer FP, and a house hold survey of FP users in the 10 districts in which IMPACT works. The report will identify key issues in access to and availability of FP products in the total market from the supply and demand sides. The findings from the FP market assessment will provide information on an updated landscape (actors, regulatory and policy environment) for FP products and service delivery as well as market data and characteristics (user profile, market share, existing products, etc.). An important outcome of the assessments is to encourage the private sector to invest in FP health commodities. The market assessments will be used to create an implementation roadmap for the FP sector. The report is estimated to be 70-80 pages based on a previous market assessment (available upon request), but will vary depending on the information on each FP product.
- Lead the writing of the report, including the background section, the findings, and the recommendations, with input from others as directed
- Work collaboratively with the data analyst to obtain needed data from the quantitative data sets
- Work with the IMPACT Madagascar and US market dynamics staff to interpret the data, determine which data should be in the report, and develop recommendations
- Oversee all pieces of the report to ensure timely report completion
- Work with Madagascar staff to interpret analyzed data and request further analysis as needed
- Refine text provided by other contributors
- Ensure adherence to report timeline and review by appropriate parties