***Assignment Network available – this position is open to internal candidates only.***
This assignment network is an in-house networking process to facilitate matching opportunities and people for short-term and low-percentage assignments. We now have a new position available through the assignment network.
Percentage time: 30-40%
Program/Division: Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases
Location: US / Europe / Africa
Start date: October 2021
End date: September 2022
Scope of Work
The New Nets Project, a partnership funded by Unitaid and the Global Fund, and led by IVCC, aims to accelerate the scale-up of next-generation, dual-active ingredient insecticide-treated bed nets (ITNs), and to provide National Malaria Control Programs, donors, and implementers with clear evidence of their impact on malaria burden by:
- Generating epidemiological evidence of the nets’ impact through randomized controlled trials.
- Helping shape the market for the new nets and support procurement mechanisms to negotiate lower prices.
- Conducting pilot studies to understand the impact and cost effectiveness of the new nets as compared to the standard ITNs in real-world situations
- Highlighting operational best practices for conducting national campaigns with multiple types of nets.
PATH is leading pilot studies assessing the real-world effectiveness and cost effectiveness of next generation ITNs in Burkina Faso, Rwanda, and Mozambique, and provides technical assistance to the National Malaria Elimination Program in Nigeria to implement a complimentary study.
The New Nets Project team is currently recruiting for a Program Assistant or Senior Program Assistant to provide administrative support, including:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings among the team and with external partners including drafting agendas and taking and distributing meeting notes.
- Develop and maintain systems to organize and maintain project files including project reports, contracts, and presentations.
- Track and file incoming deliverables and data from project partners.
- Organize and maintain the team SharePoint and Box files.
- Assist the team with entering travel requests and submit associated receipts for reimbursement.
- Assist with coordinating the drafting, editing, and proofreading of a variety of documents including reports, presentations, newsletters, and manuscripts.
- Provide additional administrative support to the New Nets Project team as needed including event planning, maintaining contact lists, and submitting project deliverables.