***Assignment Network available – this position is open to internal candidates only.***
This assignment network is an in-house networking process to facilitate matching opportunities and people for short-term and low-percentage assignments. We now have a new position available through the assignment network.
Percentage time: min. 50% with potential for additional 5-25% LOE, depending on potential candidate’s interest and availability.
Program/Division: P&I, MDHT, Living Labs initiative
Location: flexible; any PATH office with preference for sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, or US (given time difference with other team members)
Start date: June 7th, 2021 (flexible)
End date: October 15th, 2021 (flexible)
This is a short-term assignment for ~4 months to backfill the Living Labs, Deputy director position. To learn more about the Living Labs initiative, please see:
Scope of Work:
Key responsibilities include both strategic and operational responsibilities:
- Provide support to the creative and quantitative/modeling team and engage donor on existing anchor grant (BMGF/immunization) to ensure team executes against investment objectives and results framework, including preparation and execution of an annual review meeting with the donor (~September 2021).
- Strategize, plan (with support of Living Labs’ Project Coordinator), and execute one Technical Advisory Group meeting during the assignment period.
- Collaborate and execute activities in partnership with select PATH-country program leadership and staff regarding Living Labs expansion into other geographies; this may include modifying existing protocols for local ethical submission and overseeing/supporting the hiring of staff in select country offices.
- Support existing and new business development opportunities (both internal collaborations with other PATH programs and external with potential donors/partners) to continue building Living Labs portfolio of projects in alignment with strategy and vision.
- Provide leadership for smaller, short-term active Living Labs projects (primarily collaborations with other PATH programs).
- Communicate and position (with leadership from Living Labs’ Engagement/Communications Officer) Living Labs internally and externally with key stakeholders and partners to highlight Living Labs’ value add, expertise, and key service offerings.
- Provide guidance and support, as needed basis, on knowledge management initiatives (Project Coordinator leads efforts).